Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any one use WTB hubs or alternatives?
  • vondally
    Free Member

Hello looking for a light weight cheapish rear hub, to build into a light reliable weight rear wheel, any one used wtb lazerlite hubs? If so any good? Any alternatives in the cheap end of the market, ie not king or industry nine?
    Oh any suggestion for rims?

stumpy01

My 01 Stumpjumper wheels are on WTD Speed Disc hubs. They've never been apart & while the rear is getting a bit grumbly, they have been fine since I bought the bike in early 2002.

Can't really comment on their newer stuff, but I wouldn't hesitate to use WTB hubs again.

Del

GF had wtb hubs on her marin. i noticed some play in the wheel when looking over the bike. the bike was still under warranty, so we took the wheel in 'for a quick look'. the chap looked at it for a while, attempted to adjust it, then reached for the hammer, adjusted it some more, then said 'these are 5hit. we'll replace both hubs under warranty.' wheels came back with deore hubs.
    at the bottom end i'd go up a bit to XT ( the price difference is not huge ) and cup/cone, or i have found planet x/on one hubs to be excellent for cartridges, and easily serviced.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I had the Speeddisc lite? on an Anthem, they're light & work well enough, but bearings are dreadful & fall to pieces in about 20 minutes riding! Stainless bearings are now available for them, which may be better but I got rid of them. Not a standard bearing size either, so makes finding replacements a bit more difficult i.e. most normal bearing suppliers don't seem to be able to get them

vondally
    Free Member

thanks for the info

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any one use WTB hubs or alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.