Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Any members from the Cheltenham area ?
  • francob80
    Free Member

As above – I am looking to find some decent routes near Chelt, I spent some time at Leckhampton yesterday but was wondering if anyone can point out some other decent runs or places to check out ? Or even more specific routes up Leckhampton or Cleeve Hill. Cheers Mark

ArcticBeast
    Free Member

Take a look up and around cranham lots of good tracks up that way

francob80
    Free Member

Thanks Arctic, will check it out. Do you park up anywhere in particular ? I know where the Royal William pub is, any rough direction you could give me please?

CheesybeanZ

These guys known the area very well http://www.cheltenhamandcounty.cc/mtb/
    If you want a change I’m over in Evesham , happy to show you round local stuff on Bredon hill or Broadway area . FOD is only 50 minutes away with loads of off piste trails .

hoopyfrood
    Free Member

No idea about parking at Cranham, but the Strava Heatmap will give you a good idea where others are riding – http://labs.strava.com/heatmap/#14/-2.15180/51.81869/blue/bike

francob80
    Free Member

Thanks all.

@Cheesybeanz – I may well take you up on that offer sometime soon, I just need to get back into the swing of things beforehand but practice makes perfect. I am definitely planning a trip to FOD sometime soon.

francob80
    Free Member

@hoopyfrood – Thanks for that, I am only just starting to use Strava, in fact I’ve only just downloaded it for the first time today, I just need to figure out how to use the app.

northernmatt

I did a big group ride up Cleeve Hill with a load of guys off another forum last year. You’ll probably be able to make up a decent route round there but there’s a lot of options for just going up and mucking as well about from what I remember.

qwerty
    Free Member
    ArcticBeast
    Free Member

I don’t normally park up there, prefer to ride up from Gloucester, but people normally park either at the royal william or a bit further up the lane at the top, normally head up to the top of popes wood and make my way out towards the royal George.

francob80
    Free Member

Thanks, I will do some exploring this weekend.

sgn23
    Free Member

I’ll show you round if you like. PM me.

project
    Free Member

Randwick woods, near stroud, also above Nailsworth, The ballon above Birdlip etc.

francob80
    Free Member

@sgn – how do you PM on this forum ? It isn’t as obvious as others I’ve used unless I’m being completely retarded and missing the obvious. Do you live in Chelt ?

@thanks project, I used to work in Stroud many years back and played football in Nailsworth but not very familiar with the countryside.

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Francob80

If you want a ride around Nailsworth there’s a weekly ride from Black 8 Bikes every Wednesday. Leaves the shop at 6.30pm, out for a couple of hours round the local hills and woods ( so you’ll need lights .

Good way of getting to know the local terrain but quite a way from Cheltenham.

francob80
    Free Member

Thanks Peter, that sounds like a good idea but currently without lights. Not very little about the sort of lights to buy so will have a read this evening.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Save parking at Cranham there are good XC routes from lecky over to Cranham via woodlands trust track/view point and through Birdlip wood where you come out behind the Royal George pub in Birdlip then short spin on road to first of the Cranham trails known as the racetrack on left.FoD is great tons down there.

pushbikerider
    Free Member

Hi francob80 – if you fancy an introduction to the area (and the Bigfoot club!) you’d be welcome to join our intro ride in a few weeks time:

http://www.bigfootmbc.co.uk/ai1ec_event/introductory-xc-ride-2-hours-and-for-club-riders-as-well/?instance_id=2456

Drop us a line via the Contact page on the site if you fancy coming along…

Cheers,

Andrew.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Meant right DOH.

francob80
    Free Member

Thank you dobie.

@Andrew – That sounds like a great idea and yes I am definitely keen to get involved, will drop you a line shortly.

sgn23
    Free Member

My email is in my profile. Click on my user id and it’ll take you to it.

francob80
    Free Member

Andrew – I have used the contact form on the site, hopefully hear from you soon.

@Sgn – Will PM you now.

pushbikerider
    Free Member

Cool – Jason should reply back but do feel free to come along to the Intro Ride, I’m probably going to help out so I’ll see you then!

sgn23
    Free Member

francob80 I didn’t get your email. Try again. Address is
    sgn23 at out look dot com

(No spaces, replace the at with @ and dot with . ) 🙂

francob80
    Free Member

Hi SGN23, will try again now.

francob80
    Free Member

Andrew – Yes I will await Jason’s reply, happy to meet up anyway but your site doesn’t mention where the meet is ?

pushbikerider
    Free Member

Gooood point, I think we’re just checking if the Royal George in Burdlip is going to reopen in time, if not then it’ll probably be the Royal William pub in Cranham. Keep an eye on the listing as we’ll probably confirm the details closer to the ride…

francob80
    Free Member

Will do, thanks.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Any members from the Cheltenham area ?’ is closed to new replies.