Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any good helmet torches that run on AA batteries?
  • rockhopper70

As the owner of a wii, I seem over run with seemingly high capacity rechargable AA batteries (up to 2350 maH on Energizer). Most torches for helmet use appear to use the 30864 (or whatever) that presumably requires a dedicated charger.
    As the helmet torch/light may just be occasional use on a ride, surely a decent AA would be sufficient?
    Any pointers or links appreciated.

KidCragg
    Free Member

I’ve got an LED Lenser and it’s quality! Bracket was free as well from the forum

snipswhispers
    Free Member
    Northwind

Thing about AAs, is that they’re relatively heavy, and rechargable ones usually kick out 1.2V not 1.5V so if the torch is designed for 3V it’ll undervolt it a little (though tbh 1.5V AAs usually droop like mad anyway and end up not delivering 1.5V). I used to use an AA torch which was fine at first but dimmed very quickly.

It’s not a terrible idea, but the lipo batteries really do the job better.

CraigW
    Free Member

The Fenix LD20 is pretty good. Easy enough to strap to a helmet with a bit of inner tube or similar.

snipswhispers
    Free Member

even though you have loads of aa batteries, since u have the charger?, might be worth investing in some aaa rechargeables, 1 x aaa torch and helmet mount.

have an aaa torch strapped to bike helmet at mo. extremely lightweight… on strobe setting great for commuting and having the full beam is ideal for those any night time ‘hands-free’ repairs to bike.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any good helmet torches that run on AA batteries?’ is closed to new replies.