• This topic has 17 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by irc.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Any good deals out there on waterproof shell jackets
  • ac505
    Free Member

I need to replace my Trespass shell jacket. It actually performed better than my Arcteryx Goretex that cost about 5x more, however I’ve now found out why the Arcteryx is actually better value for money… The Trespass jacket literally fell apart on the first wash when washed as directed. So I need to find another brand that isn’t too expensive, must be uninsulated, taped seams etc.. No brand snobbery and a maximum price of £130-£140. I was looking at this, hopefully comes down in price in the sales….
    http://www.tog24.com/catalog/product/view/id/39197/s/air-mens-37-5-jacket-black/category/6/

chakaping
    Free Member

Have you looked on SportPursuit already?

Massive choice of discount shell jackets if you’re not after bike-specific.

easygirl

Mate has an altura mayhem if it’s for cycling and really rates it

Or the rab latok here
    http://www.ultimateoutdoors.com/mens/clothing/jackets/waterproofs/

Brianblessed
    Free Member

I have one of these http://www.outdoorgb.com/p/Berghaus_Velum_III_Mens_Gore-Tex_Active_Jacket/?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=directory&utm_content=GBR&currency=GBP&country=GBR&SelectedBundle=181450&SelectedItem=658264&gclid=CIeQ7LL5xMkCFSOJ2wodkFQL4g size large in green and black. Worn it three times, works great but its a touch too small for me, should have got XL! Anyway, its yours for £100 if you fancy…

ac505
    Free Member

Brian blessed, how tall are you? what height do you think the Large would suit?

Brianblessed
    Free Member

Im 6 ft 1, broadish shoulders. Its not too bad, just a tad small. I got it for a summer ‘pakamac’ really but its more a winter shell really, but with a couple of layers underneath it feels a touch tight over my shoulders and I prefer loose jackets really. I reckon its good for up to 6ft

honourablegeorge

Ultimate outdoors had the Rab spark for £70, might still have

km79
    Free Member

Have a look at some of the Keela offerings, usually on sale somewhere.

Keela Saxon can be had for £70-£80.

iainc

I nearly bought a Keela Saxon, however went for the Madison Flux Superlight instead.

this one

which, with the Evans £20 voucher ends up costing £80. Lovely kit and having tried against the Keela I prefer it.

matt_outandabout

I just bought a mountain equipment Valkyrie in gore pro shell, down from RRP of £250 to £79.99 from rough gear. I too am 6′ and ‘burly’, the L fits purty. It is at Roughgear.co.uk

roverpig

I’ve always just packed a pertex shell in my pack for mountain biking on the grounds that anything waterproof is too hot to cycle in for any length of time. But I picked up a Madison Prime jacket on a whim while browsing in a shop recently and I must say I’m pretty impressed. I’ve used it on a few wet (and snowy) rides with decent amounts of climbing and (with the rear vent and pit zips open) it seems to do a good job of keeping me dry without boiling me alive. Cyclestore seem to be knocking them out for a stupid price at the moment too.

https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/madison_prime_mens_waterproof_jacket-ID_62215?gclid=CMOO0YnrxskCFUZAGwodKo8Baw&gclsrc=aw.ds

TiRed

Bought two Mavic h20 rain jackets from Sport Pursuit. Both are excellent, but one is going back as it’s a little larger cut than the other. It’s a medium (read small to medium) if anyone is interested. Think it was £70 and is very well made with proper seams. I’m keeping the white one as it is even slimmer race fitting.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Just got this in an email from Evans, might help.
    “Choose from a new base layer, jersey or thermal jacket and get an extra 20% off at the checkout with this code: Z327-1BE9-40.”

Trekster

Lucky enough to have a Berghaus “outlet” shop nearby and aquire £280 Goretex jacket for £75 😆

mark_rich
    Free Member

Endura stealth 2 all sizes half price at tweeks!

ianfitz
    Free Member

I’ve Been very happy with a berghaus velum. Goretex active shell and can be found online for about 100 quid!

devash
    Free Member

I recently purchased one of those Berghaus Velum jackets and its been fine for mountain biking. Its also now my go to jacket for hiking.

Its supposed to be helmet compatible but my large size Giro helmet is a little bit too big for it.

I like Berghaus stuff because their size medium kit always fits me perfectly at 6ft tall and skinny build.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Any good deals out there on waterproof shell jackets’ is closed to new replies.