Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Any decent deals on sunglasses around?
  • user-removed
    Free Member

Finally given up on ever finding my third set of Oakleys after three months of searching through pockets and bags. Not looking to spend a huge amount – sub £40 this time around. If I keep them for more than a year, I might consider spending a bit more 😉

Tall order, but ideally something for on and off the bike…

cfinnimore
    Free Member

This won’t help you in the slightest I suppose but I got a pair of Giro(black, black lenses) out Alpine Bikes on sale and they are absolutely bombproof.

If, like me, you drop them, send them flying across the road, trap them under doors, sit on them etc etc and don’t mind looking a bit like Terminator then grand.

Everytime they fall on the ground I expect them to be in pieces but, nope, just asking for more abuse.

Cougar

I was eyeing up some nice gigs at Boots a few weeks ago. Really liked them but were too dear at about £50. Bought a can of deodorant and got a voucher when checking out, “all sunglasses half price.” Cool, I’ll be right back.

user-removed
    Free Member

Just had a quick look and if the same ones on sale on their website, then they look OK, thanks. Call me fussy, but I’d quite like something in dark brown / tortoise-shell if at all poss though 🙂

grum
    Free Member

Um….. dealextreme Jawbone Fakelys?

edit: oh, not in tasteful colours though.

user-removed
    Free Member

Boots eh? I really should make a trip to the high street – every time I buy glasses or clothes online I end up with stuff that doesn’t fit. I never learn my lesson though…

user-removed
    Free Member

grum – I heard those things cause your retinas to detach, and then you swallow them.

user-removed
    Free Member

Och. Went off to the Eyewear Outlet online, and bought another pair of Oakleys – half-jackets this time. Well, my eyes are my living and I’m pretty sure they’ll get a mention on my tax return if I can run it past my accountant succesfully.

aracer
    Free Member

The P next to your name suggests you should have access to a nice recent review of such things – I’m certainly seriously considering getting some of the Endura ones they recommend.

user-removed
    Free Member

Bit late now… I will be re-subscribing though, if only for the T-shirt (and the mag obviously).

tron
    Free Member

Aldi will have cycling glasses in this week, Decathlon generally have decent sports specific and Oakley style stuff in too. And Sports Pursuit (bit like vent privee for sport clobber) very often have decent brands of sports sunnys in for less than forty quid.

globalti
    Free Member

TK Max, Decathlon. So cheap it won’t matter if you lose them.

binners

I’d recommend Bloc

Top notch cycling specific glasses for nowhere near Oakley money! I had a pair of the ‘Shifters’ with 4 interchangeable lenses. They’re great. When I lost them, after managing not too for a few years, I just bought another pair to replace them.

Some good deals on CRC and Wiggle on Bloc stuff at the moment. Can’t think why. They must be selling shedloads of sunglasses in this weather, surely? 😉

Rio

Not tried these myself but Mrs R tells me that Achica (sort of sportspursuit for household goods) have Under Armour sports sunglasses for £35 at the moment, if you get someone to sign you up to them you’ll get a £10 off voucher.

freeagent
    Free Member

Yep, TK Maxx is the way to go, I’ve bought 2 pairs of BLOC glasses there in the last 2-3 months, for £12.50 per pair.

wrecker
    Free Member

snow and rock stock ryders sunnies nowadays (canadian MTB based company). Very nice and reasonable.

http://ryderseyewear.com/product_selector/men

http://search.snowandrock.com/search#w=ryders&asug=ryders

singlecrack
    Free Member

Discounted Oaklays at Go-outdoors at the moment

MoreCashThanDash

Yep, just got the email from Go Outdoors myself, though nothing on there I liked the look off.

I really liked the look of the Endura transition glasses reviewed in the current mag

fivespot
    Free Member

onone have big reductions on specs 8)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Any decent deals on sunglasses around?’ is closed to new replies.