Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Any Cannondale dealers on here..?
  • Big-M
    Free Member

I have am issue with my Synapse road frame. I'd like some insight please.

ta.

CalD
    Free Member

Depends what the issue is how old the bike is where you bought it and if your still within warranty

Big-M
    Free Member

There is a problem with one of the bottle cage bosses. It's rattled loose and is spinning in the frame.

The bike is 16 months ond, Cannondal offer a lifetime warranty on frames, so I should be able to get sorted.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Who did you buy it from? They should be your first point of call.

Big-M
    Free Member

Evans… ride to work purchase, they've suggested taking it to my nearest Cannondale retailer.

peteimpreza

Had this happen to a R600 frame. The dealer sorted no questions asked as I was the original owner.

It is a simple fix.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Evans… they've suggested taking it to my nearest Cannondale retailer.

Now that's some kwality service you've had there! They're trying to pass the buck! You bought the bike through them, albeit on the R2W scheme, so it is their issue to deal with.

Don't accept anything less than Evans sorting it out for you. Free.

westkipper
    Free Member

A good bikeshop should have the tool to tighten the internal bit of the rivnut. Its a common problem and easily fixed.

Big-M
    Free Member

Just hope it can be fixed, it's been rattling for a while, took me ages to actually find the source of the rattle…
    I'm worried that the hole will be a bit enlarged 😯

wwaswas

tell evans it's their problem and they need to take the bike in and sort out getting it fixed.

does sale of goods apply to bike to work as they're B2B?

Big-M
    Free Member

I'm sure that sale of goods does apply. I just want it fixed. My nearest Evans is about 2 hours drive away. Local Dale dealer about the same.

I'd rather it was done by an expert and by someone who knows Cannondales.

Stu_N

My alu Rush had a similar problem – – just a loose rivnut as others have said.

If it's an alloy frame it's an easy fix if you can get any bolt that is in the boss out (I managed to force an old hacksaw blade between the lip of the boss and the downtube which held it enough to unscrew the bottle cage bolt). A decent shop should have the proper tool, otherwise you can do a DIY bodge if it's just a bit loose – instructions here (2nd one down).

http://www.m-gineering.nl/tipsoldg.htm

If it's an alloy frame I would be tempted to sort it myself or get LBS to do it particularly if Evans is a long way away – a carbon frame would be a different matter though.

Hope this helps – doubt it is a massive problem in an alloy frame at least and Cannondale warranty is very good in my experience.

(EDIT – Carbon frames are different as the bottle bosses tend to be bonded into the frame rather than rivnutted – potentially more serious)

vinnyeh

Since when did Evans stop being Cannondale dealers? Don't understand why they're passing it on?

Big-M
    Free Member

FE – I'll get the nut out tomorrow, I'm happy enough that I can get the old one out.

I'd rather it was done by a Dale dealer, I don't want any issues over warranty or future warranty claims.

Swalsey
    Free Member

Hi

I work at a dealer, and bought a carbon synapse from our place too 🙂

Any dealer (INCLUDING Evans) should sort it for you, and I think that with it being carbon, and a manufacturing defect, it will probably be sent to Cannondale for inspection. They are quite good and will sort it out, though the shop can charge you for stripping the bike to a frame only if thats what's required – ring up and ask if its a 2 hour drive!

Good luck 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Any Cannondale dealers on here..?’ is closed to new replies.