Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any browsers better than others for this place?
  • leffeboy

As above. I normally use Chrome on Android for this place but even with a P the site seems to be getting sluggish. Is there much of a difference with other browsers such as Edge or Opera?

whitestone
    Free Member

Do you shut the browser down occasionally? Things were getting a bit slow on my machine, checked the memory usage and Chrome was using about 500Mb per tab (and I’d a lot of tabs open). Shut a few tabs then shut Chrome down. Restarted and each tab was now using about 100Mb.

leffeboy

Yep. It helps a bit but still not great

scotroutes

I only ever use Chrome (Android and Win10), I’ve a few add-ons running on the Win10 version but it’s always pretty slick.

Poopscoop

Chrome beta on android here and it runs fine to be honest.

leffeboy

mm ok then. Maybe it’s just the site this evening.

whitestone
    Free Member

Could be the network between you and the servers. Not had anything slow from this site. If there’s loads of folk streaming movies, videos, etc in your area then you aren’t going to get full speed.

simondbarnes

Chrome on Linux and Android absolutely spot on here. Not slow at all.

leffeboy

It’s fine on Chrome on my laptop, just not my phone on the same wifi connection. A bit weird but maybe it was just a temporary glitch but it was bad

CountZero

Safari on iOS with DuckDuckGo as search engine. I don’t get redirects, adverts aren’t intrusive, works just fine.

darrell
    Free Member

+1 for what the Count says

DavidB
    Free Member

Lynx

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any browsers better than others for this place?’ is closed to new replies.