Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Any bright ideas for old laptops
  • Mowgli
    Free Member

My gf’s and my laptops have both broken down a bit recently so been replaced. Both are Dell, about 6 years old and were reasonable spec back in the day. Both seem to have hard drive problems (although I’ve replaced my hdd twice now and it seems to keep destroying them). It seems really wasteful just to chuck them out, but is there anything more useful which could be done with them? Presumably most of the parts are ok, apart from the hard drives? I don’t really have the time or inclination to try to diagnose and fix them myself. I’ve been ripped off before by a mobile phone recycling firm who said they’d buy old or broken phones for a reasonable price, so not really keen to post the laptops off in hope of getting some cash unless it’s a reputable company.

Cheers!

z1ppy

There really companies that ‘promise’ cash for 6 year old broken laptops?… please give me their details!

If you can’t be bothered to repair them, just recycle them, unless they have a MXM II card… I’ve a bust one in a basically good laptop, that is too good to bin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Any bright ideas for old laptops’ is closed to new replies.