Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Any A4 All Road owners ?? Feed Back
  • yorkycsl
    Free Member

The time has finally come to say good bye to the trusty VW Sharan tdi, been ace a right bus fo carrying four bikes & all lakes riding & walking gear in.
    So after much mulling it over it’s down to a A4 AllRoad tdi, I know Audi about to launch a new one & it’ll be available early next year but over 40K ouch, Looking around the 28K area, so I’m interested in any owners feed back either S tronic or manual & any tips.

Cheers
    Mark

enmac
    Free Member

I’ve had one from new, bought just over 2 years ago. I like it, not had any problems with it. I got the manual, but sometimes wish I had gone automatic, but it was over £1000 more expensive so didn’t. I also looked at the Q5 and Q3, but the Q5 had an unsettled ride and the Q3 wasn’t big enough inside. The Allroad does everything these cars can do but without the Chelsea Tractor look. I’m pretty happy with it and usually get around 40 mpg.

iainc

I am starting to look around as company car gets replaced by an allowance next year. I was looking at the Audi but think I prefer the Passat Alltrack – a bit bigger, same kit slightly better priced. At te moment its between the VW and an XC60

geoffj

I had a quick look at the all roads, but I’ve gone for an x drive instead.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bmws-x-drive-in-a-3-sereis

Metasequoia

I had one, I’d definitely go for an s-tronic version. Not a huge car but very capable and comfortable and quiet. Bigger than a 3 series inside and a far better car in my opinion.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I chose the Passat Alltrack over an A4 / Allroad.

Not least because the Alltrack gave me a much nicer seating position – the A4’s pedals are offset to the seat, meaning it felt like I was twisted all the time. Also, there was no left-side footrest. Also, the VW just felt nicer on the test drive for reasons I can’t begin to identify or explain.

I love the Alltrack.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

(My brother’s got an A6 Allroad Biturbo. That’s fast, that is.)

iainc

^^^ which model Alltrack did you go for ?

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

what, BMW or VW?

iainc

which, BMW or VW?

sorry, I meant the VW Passat

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Ah, me then 🙂

Mine was an ex-demo, with 6,000 miles. Got it for about £10K off list, so a bit of a bargain, in a way.

Is the more powerful version, with DSG. They all come fairly well specced in standard trim, including everything I wanted like sat nav, DAB etc. Cloth seats (my preference anyway).

Not all that much to say about it apart from it’s just so blooming useful – tons of space, not just in the boot but in the cabin and cubbies etc, very smooth and comfy to ride around in, and can actually shift itself along pretty smartish if you put the DSG into Sport mode.

I mostly leave it in D-mode, and see 45+ mpg on the trip computer.

Seems OK in the mud, too.

…I would defo get the DSG over the manual. Suits the car, and you get the bigger engine.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

If you can go for an A6 All Road, then even better, larger, more refined of course in a sensible 2.7l auto. Am sure my father picked it up with 69000 3yrs or so old and for £12500 in pretty mint condition from a dealer. I reckon he got mega lucky.

Personally it’s a complete tank, certainly seems to shift in comfort with it’s self adjusting air suspension.

Just how on earth Audi are chucking out the number of all these models is simply staggering. They certainly have attracted a broad spectrum of drivers and gained a huge following.

iainc

Dorset_Knob – many thanks for info – think thats the one I fancy too 🙂

globalti
    Free Member

Isn’t the new B8 Passat slightly bigger than the Audi?

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Oh yes, good point – definitely wait for the B8/MQB Alltrack if you’re going to spunk for a new one – due imminently, if not already actually released.

scottalej
    Free Member

I looked at them and then discovered the Skoda Superb Outdoor for about 30% less. It’s also much larger (more passenger and boot space than even the more expensive A6), better equipped and less common than the Audi.
    It doesn’t have 4 circles on the front though so if that’s important to you….

austen

We looked at the Allroad a few years ago but went for a standard A4 quattro – it seemed like a lot of wedge for some styling and 25mm taller ride height. The A6 allroad is a very different car to the standard, but the A4 seems more just s styling choice.

Normal A4 quattro perfectly capable of pulling a trailer through a muddy field!

geoffj

It doesn’t have 4 circles on the front though so if that’s important to you….

I love the smell of inverted snobbery in the evening 😀

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Any A4 All Road owners ?? Feed Back’ is closed to new replies.