Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anthem X3 – Anyone upgraded Fox R to RP23 ?
  • ginsterdrz
    Free Member

In a position to upgrade '09 R to '10 RP23 with boost.

Worth doing?

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey. I've run 4 different frames with various shocks including the RP23. Not recenbtly but in the past. You will transform the back ends action. Your rear shock determines handling characteristics for the whole bike, if you can get a good deal go for it and sell your old shock right away as it will depreciate in value.

If you run the shock for a year or two it will offset the cost of it with the use you get, minus the amount you get for your old shock when you sell it. 2 years of perfomance enhancement and every time you ride it will be much better.

I sold an RP23 with bushes to fit a Turner 5 spot that was running a Romic shock. The guy ray said it was like a completely new bike. You will see less benefits from him but you will know the difference.

Ridefree!

schwimoid
    Free Member

Depends if the RP23 is tuned for the maestro linkage or not, if it isnt you might find itll feel worse.

Beleive or not the maestro linkage works better with a more basic shock, Ask yourself it you ever feel the need to have a lock out feature on the bike?! If you do then go for it if not then i wouldnt bother.

Considered a Push Upgrade for your float, less money than an rp23 and you can get it feeling exactly how you want for your weight/bike and riding style.

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Read mixed reviews of Push'd shox. One stated that the shock was worse after. Tempted to stay where I am although Mojo say the shock will be matched to the specific bike and my weight.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anthem X3 – Anyone upgraded Fox R to RP23 ?’ is closed to new replies.