Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Another 'what car' thread!
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Looks like I'll be starting a new job in the next few weeks which will require a 50 mile each way commute so I'm going to need another car to do it in. I currently have a mondeo st tdci and a mk1 mx5. With our first baby due in October, I was going to leave the mondeo with her and the baby and get rid of the five and get something smaller but safer and more economical for the commute.

So, what? Don't really want to spend more than 4k but want something fun to drive so the obvious answer is the fabia vrs. But what of other options? Some really nice looking beemer 3-series for peanuts but not sure how reliable or economical they'd be. But the thought of 100 motorway miles each day in a leather covered bmw cabin appeals!

Cheers

Marmoset
    Free Member

I'd just slap a hard top on the MX5 – there's plenty of examples around with high mileages and still going strong – that's probably going to be the cheapest option if you get around 35mpg out of it?

stumpy01

I'd get rid of the MX5, get her indoors a car & keep the Mondeo ST TDCi. Is that not a pretty good motorway cruiser?

Other than that, Fabia VRS would be a good bet. Same as my Ibiza Sport (or the newer FR TDi) but probably a bit more comfortable suspension.
    I get 58-60mpg out of the Ibiza, so you should see the same out of the VRS.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I thought the answer was a Skoda Octavia?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Another 'what car' thread!’ is closed to new replies.