Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Another North Korean missile test
  • frankconway

And, apparently, it exploded shortly after lift-off as did the previous one.
    Cyber interference?
    What will it take for them to end their nuclear weapons development programme?
    Is the US sending mixed messages?
    Which nations are not complying with existing sanctions – and why not?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I can’t see that the North Koreans would be so stupid as to link an ICBM to the internet and allow the Americans to interfere with it – it’s likely to be down to the fact that they are basically designing these things from scratch and going through the same process that Nazi Germany and later the west went through.

I think that this is going to all end in tears though, it will kick off on the Korean peninsula – I think that it has got to the point of no return already, where distrust has been sown so deeply that there is no return. I don’t see the North Koreans backing down, a conflict will only be averted if the Americans back off.

cbike
    Free Member

How does anyone know they are not working perfectly fine and are then destroyed by a range safety officer to ensure there is no escalation? How far do they have to fly before a US sub launches?

If I was Americas greatest ally right now I’d do the same.

I like to think nuclear missiles are a a total waste of time…but I’ve changed my mind. I reckon they should be given to all countries but your launch code fires someone else’s…but you don’t know who.

Like poisonous salamanders. So lethal that everyone just says Hi! how you doing? lets go for beers.

slowoldman

I can’t see that the North Koreans would be so stupid as to link an ICBM to the internet and allow the Americans to interfere with it

Eh? Where did that come from?

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

The news talking about it being blown up by cyber attack, implies that it’s controlled by internet connected computers.

This sounds like complete BS, but Stuxnet was able to jump the airgap to non-connected machines in Iran thanks to USB drives. So not completely implausible.

My bet is that the NKoreans are just going through the pains everyone else does with large rockets – getting it right is very difficult.

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

My assumption here is that the US won’t back off. Trump clearly wants to go down as a President that fixed all the things his predecessors were unable to.

From an American perspective better to have the show down and possible war whilst the NKoreans don’t have ICBM’s and warheads that can hit California, than after.

I just can’t see a way the US could neutralise the North without there being massive civilian causalities in the South and possibly Japan as well when the North throws whatever remains back.

chrismac

On Thursday 27th April 2017 the USA test fired a new icbm. Where is the international condemnation for that

bails

On Thursday 27th April 2017 the USA test fired a new icbm. Where is the international condemnation for that

oldnpastit

Probably the North Koreans already have a couple of nukes smuggled into some nice big US cities in (quite large) suitcases. The ICBMs are just window-dressing to distract from that.

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Rather than suitcase bombs the Norks are more likely to have a diesel-electric sub and sacrificial crew willing to sail it into a port on the eastern coast of America.

Far more likely to work and room for a sizable a-bomb. – Kim has lots of subs that are hard to track.

allthegear
    Free Member

Probably even easier to sail into a port on the western coast of America..

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Probably even easier to sail into a port on the western coast of America..

LOL, good spot, quite… but Donald will be expecting that and will have Team America waiting for them 😆

MrSalmon
    Free Member

This might be a stupid question, but why does the NK situation seem to be escalating at the moment, more than it has with their previous tests- people weren’t openly talking about conflict then I don’t think? Is it because they’re seen to be getting closer to actual nuclear ICBM capability, or is it just the way Trump is reacting?

Northwind

oldnpastit – Member

Probably the North Koreans already have a couple of nukes smuggled into some nice big US cities in (quite large) suitcases. The ICBMs are just window-dressing to distract from that.

Should have built that wall

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Is it because they’re seen to be getting closer to actual nuclear ICBM capability

There’s probably a little more to it – posturing on the international stage by a fat oaf with bad hair*

…but basically yes, the N.Koreans have a proven missile capability, and are seeking to build bigger missiles with the range to hit the USA. They also have a proven A-Bomb capability and are seeking to make them small enough to put in top of missiles.

Every test they conduct is an incremental step closer to having the capability to nuke a US city.

*pick your leader, it might apply to more than one 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Another North Korean missile test’ is closed to new replies.