Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Another new bike shop – Chester
  • Damon
    Free Member

So much choice these days its getting really competitive out there which can only be good for us 8)

Having met Nick Moores (owner) a few times on rides I knew his new venture was a going to be a little different and having popped round there this week it is.

It is in Chester, not far from Bike Factory and Edge, but has loads of parking. Nicely done showroom and some really different gear so it was nice to see some fresh gear.

I like the Merida bikes they look really trick. Rode Nicks carbon FS and it was really responsive, very fast and only 22lbs 😎

He is also a Hope stockist and has the entire service parts in stock.

Nick says his USP is going to be the quality of the workshop and availability/flexibility. So I am trying that out by letting him take a fresh look at my Mojo and sort a few issues I have with it.

I was impressed with some of the wheel builds, very stiff so having a look at mine as he has run Fulcrums for years himself.

As a startup he is keen to get involved so if you have the time drop by and check the shop.

http://sixtyninecycles.co.uk/about-us.html

There are so many bike shops in the area now its great for us as we have more choice and it keeps things competitive 😎 It's good to share the dosh around ;D

Will let you know how the Mojo is when I get it back.

Some poor quality iPhone pics:

tails
    Free Member

That bike looks fast as ****! Is it really that light as it looks almost overbuilt? Good luck to your mate.

Joxster
    Free Member

Needs a link or two out of the chain

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not necessarily!

smeg
    Free Member

Will have to pop in and have a look, a lot of bike shops in the area to choose from now.

Can't seem to find the opening times on the website ??

project
    Free Member

Its at the top end of lightfoot street , hoole,just off the m53/a55,in an industrial unit, so lots of parking, and theres a special bike lane to the bike factory and the edge,bike shops, just over the bridge.

whytetrash

Nice one…will bob in next time I'm in town…Tweeks in Wrexham is worth a visit…loads of really nice stuff in there too

Damon
    Free Member

Tweeks are great I've spent some dosh there.

Haven't tried Cheshire Oaks Cycles yet, heard they are good.

project
    Free Member

Dont forget the new one on frodsham high street just before the lights

rick@twelve50bikes

Project, you mean Twelve50 bikes? 😉

Good luck Nick with your new venture.

project
    Free Member

rick@twelve50bikes – Member
    Project, you mean Twelve50 bikes?

Good luck Nick with your new venture.

Posted 23 minutes ago # Report-Post

Thats the one thats shut on sunday, the same day i broke 2 spokes just outside the shop,and still rode on route 5 (Sustrans)to northwich.

Oh and the other shop that sells bike bits at the other end of the high street was shut as well. 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Another new bike shop – Chester’ is closed to new replies.