Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Another etiquette question. (Epic fail content)
  • tomhoward

Some of you may have seen that I was in That London on Thursday night. Well, I had a very nice time, the free beer flowed, the free food was scoffed, the we cracked on with the fun. Mosey-ed over to he dance floor, started to throw some shapes. This shape throwing attracted the attentions of a pretty young lady, whom joined me in the shape throwing. Aaaanyway, more beer was drunk, more shapes were thrown, one thing led to another 😉 and we swapped numbers, and went our separate ways.

Fast forward to the next morning and I am thinking of putting my head in a vice, just to distract me from the omghorrible hangover I have developed. As a vice isn’t forthcoming I check my phone, remembering it has an extra number in it, so was going to text my new friend to check she got home ok and how she was feeling.

Except I can’t. Not because the number isn’t there, it is. It just doesn’t have a name attached to it. Can I remember her name? Whadda you think? 3 fails as I see it.

1. Not ending the night with her and I in he same room.
    2. Not putting her name in my phone properly, with her number.
    3. Getting too drunk to remember a persons name!!!!

So my question, I had fun with my new friend and would like to stay in touch, do I;

1. Text her, come clean, apologise and hope she doesn’t think I’m a ****.
    2. Text her, and try and tease a name out of her without her cottoning on….
    3. Accept I’ve been a pillock and blown it, hope she texts me, starting with ‘Hi it’s ?????’
    4. ?

I fully accept I deserve a ribbing for this. Carry on…..

Cougar

1) “sorry, I’m an arse but…”

glupton1976
    Free Member

What would a singlespeeder do?

oliverd1981
    Free Member

after a couple of messages send her a link to your facebook with a “why don’t you add me” and hope she’s not using a psuedonym?

I realise this is a very 2007 approach.

brakes
    Free Member

text her and sign off with your name, Tom. hope she responds similarly.
    or make up a pet name for her, and continue to address her by it until she gives up her real name.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is there still a facility whereby you can send a voicemail without having to ring?

Then switch your jellybone off and hope she rings back and leaves you a voicemail back starting “Hey, it’s Victoria, but during the day, I’m actually [deep voice]Victor[/deep voice]”.

glupton1976
    Free Member

What to do – phone her number, but hang up long before she has the chance to answer it. She calls you back – ask who it is.

Job done.

Harry_the_Spider

Call her Bernard.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What to do – phone her number, but hang up long before she has the chance to answer it. She calls you back – ask who it is.

Job done.

And if she doesn’t ring back, keep calling, Don’t stop. Ten every fifteen minutes should be about tolerable. Won’t put her off at all.

mark90
    Free Member

Post her number here, I’ll find out her name 😉

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Text her, come clean.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ribbing?

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

type her number into google

NZCol

At least you avoided the situation my ‘friend’ had a few weeks back.
    Met young lady, had night fun back at his place, woke up – no idea of her name. She hopped into shower. He, being a smart boy got her purse and was looking for a driving licence to get name. She reappeared mid rifle of said purse. At that point it really is a no win situation
    “Hello sorry no I am not stealing your money”
    “I can’t remember your name so was looking through your purse”
    God I laughed. He was and is mortified.
    On the bright side they are still seeing each other and she introduces him as “The guy that went through my purse and stole all my money”

JRTG
    Free Member

This thread is the reason why I am here, forget the bike stuff, this is where it’s at!

br
    Free Member

Easy, well easy for those who come from parts of the country where we can refer to all women as ‘Love’, ‘Pet’, ‘Chick’ etc.

rOcKeTdOg

send her a link to this thread or a picture of your knob

hora
    Free Member

Write a txt sign it with your name

yunki
    Free Member

just call her Buster

matt_outandabout

She is already on here and shocked that you cannot remember. 😉

tomhoward

Many thanks chaps! Think ill go with the text and sign with my name approach, then if that back fires i’ll come clean.

The thought has just occurred that she may not remember my name either…

Google has not been its usual, helpful self 🙁 neither have others that were at the do (was hoping for messages saying they saw me with the mystery lady, no such luck).

Edit. Matt_oab, that actually crossed my mind before I posted, think I need a break :-s

Kryton57

neither have others that were at the do

Let’s hope there was a lady then.

bearnecessities

Well?!

shermer75
    Free Member

Yep, any reply??!?

grum
    Free Member

(was hoping for messages saying they saw me with the mystery lady, no such luck).

My money’s on you having imagined the whole thing and made up a random number to put in your phone.

tomhoward

No response as yet, but I only text her an hour ago.

My money’s on you having imagined the whole thing and made up a random number to put in your phone.

Stranger things have happened….

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

What would a singlespeeder do?

A singlespeeder would have sealed the deal on the night

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’m going to get in with an early prediction that the end result will be a restraining order 😀

tomhoward

A singlespeeder would have sealed the deal on the night

I am a let down to all my fellow singlespeeders 😥

Runs away to shave beard in shame.

bearnecessities

You’ve only text once? As mentioned previously, lots of texts, followed by incessant calling. A genitalia picture will clinch it & she’ll be at the asda pharmaceutical counter before you know it answering difficult questions.

HTH

tomhoward

Sorry, I started texting an hour ago, with a picture of my manbits, then from lots of different angles, then I called but when she answered I just did my smooth and mysterious heavy breathing trick.

Better?

*some or all of the above might be true, but isn’t.

wolly
    Free Member

did she reply? was it all a dream?

zokes
    Free Member

Well, this has turned out to be rather a let down…

tomhoward

Tell me about it…

RealMan
    Free Member

tomhoward

BOOM! She’s text back! And hasn’t said ‘leave me alone or i’m calling the police’! I wasnt worried…. 😕

She’s not told me her name.

Time to come clean.

zokes
    Free Member

Which may be shortly followed by:

‘leave me alone

and

i’m calling the police’

Either that, or you did dream it, and it’s a mate pulling your leg….

bearnecessities

Wooh. You could make it a challenge to go as long as you can without ‘fessing up, and then ask during your first post-coital chat.

tomhoward

Could be awkward in a ‘say my name’ type situation, a la American pie?

crispybacon
    Free Member

BOOM! She’s text back

Quick hide your pet rabbit now !!! 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Another etiquette question. (Epic fail content)’ is closed to new replies.