Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • another day, another injury – a little more painful than the micro-black eye
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I had a little disagreement with gravity and hit a small planet while being awesome at the bike park.

I have performed my normal post ride checks – crank bent so it hits the frame
    and post ride medical – hot bath and a few beers

Shoulder still feels a bit funny. Not broken collarbone funny but along those lines.

Left shoulder fine

Right shoulder sore

It hurts in a slightly numb, something torn inside sort of way. I can move the arm forwards, backwards and sideways. I hurts more when I raise it but only above about 110 Degrees.

I am guessing I can use my normal 2 x Naproxen twice a day and 1 x Dihydrocodiene 4 times a day to treat it.

If anyone knows different please mention it

TimP
    Free Member

You shouldn’t be allowed out!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I did manage one ride in between without injury.

anyway, be nice as you might be riding with me on Thursday nights soon

woody21
    Free Member

Dislocated?

teethgrinder

I hurts more when I raise it but only above about 110 Degrees.

Don’t raise it past 110 degrees, then 😆

sandwicheater

Your window sill decorations are a little odd.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Don’t raise it past 110 degrees, then – Beer in the top of the frdge

Your window sill decorations are a little odd. – Left over after an earlier medical experiment and a bonsai in the background

dislocated – dont think it hurts as much as the last few times I dislocated it and seems to move more easily. I reckon it is just bruised

wwaswas

You heading to Brighton Wca?

The trees are very close together you know…

Hope you heal quick!

thepurist

I can see your well clipped bush in the mirror.

Maybe get some more frequent flyer miles at your local medical establishment?

niksnr
    Free Member

Rotator cuff? That would swell. Did mine back in Sept at Eastridge UKGE. Still not healed now. Did snap shoulder blade in half at same time tho. If I could offer any advice (from experience), don’t come back too soon! I did and may have to pull out of an Alps trip! 😥

Twin
    Free Member

Looks like your Acromioclavicular joint – Classic ‘pop up’ on your shoulder. Put your left hand on your right shoulder, then try to lift your left elbow upwards. Chances are it will hurt like buggery. Don’t take my word for it though – shoulder is a complex joint, get to a good physio and get them to have a look.

http://www.sportscarephysio.com.au/resources/ac-joint-injury

Harry_the_Spider

Looks a lot like when I did mine.

Surgery awaits!

stuey
    Free Member

I’m confused by the whole lefty / righty photo thing – which one is pranged ?

Kuco

Mine looked like that when I fecked my AC joint. Could move it but very painful in certain positions. 12 months later ended up with surgery when physio failed to correct it.

cinnamon_girl

Oh no! Sending good wishes and seriously hope it isn’t the AC joint.

basstronic
    Free Member

Looks like an ill fitting bra.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

You appear to have one odd hair on your right shoulder and no others

This clearly makes you some sort of freak of nature and should immediately surrender yourself for medical experimentation.

Oh, and left shoulder looks borked

mightymule
    Free Member

I think I am starting to suspect the reason that WorldClassAccident chose his username….

meatfist
    Free Member

My money’s also on a disrupted AC joint, looks very similar to mine a couple of months back, did you land directly on your shoulder.

AC disruptions come in different flavours depending on the degree of separation/ soft tissue damage – treatment ranges from ibuprofen and a sling to physio to surgery – probably worth getting yourself an X-ray so you know what your in for.

In good news – mine looked lumpier than yours and I had severely restricted movement but I was back on the bike in about 6 weeks – so hopefully you’ll be a bit quicker!!

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Picture fron the front would be a better way of identifying a AC joint injury. To me that just looks like you’ve just got a great big lump on the end of your acromion.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Looks like about a Grade 1 or 2 AC separation. Deffo get it looked at and a good physio to advise on recovery exercises and who can strap it up properly. Shouldn’t need surgery. I managed Passportes du Soleil just over 3 weeks after doing mine 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve got a 4 inch scar across the front of my shoulder form doing that!. That’s the bad news, the good news is that it it’s now stronger than the other shoulder. That’s the other bad news, it’s going to end up needing a 4 inch scar too one day!.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Full frontal nudity warning

It doesn’t hurt to do the moving stuff suggested so far but bending my neck forward to look down hurts quite a bit.

Is it actually worth wasting 2 hours tomorrow at A&E or is there better advice?

brakes
    Free Member

:faints:

fasthaggis

Were there any ladders involved in this bit of awesome, and can you please stop posting up photos of your unfit next door neighbour ? 😆

bearnecessities

Edit: Your mint(?) looks fecked.

TimP
    Free Member

Swoon….

CountZero

Ever thought about waxing?
    And something definitely doesn’t look right about your shoulder; I think a professional should be consulted, soonish.

andyl
    Free Member

Got a minor injuries unit near you? After several visits to my local A&E over the last couple of years I now use the minor injuries unless I am bleeding out.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Doesn’t look to AC jointish to me based on the photos. I’d leave off A&E for this evening, given that it’s saturday night. If it’s not easing off in a couple of days head to minor injuries or GP.

samuri
    Free Member

1. There’s something wrong.
    2. I always had you as a lot taller and handsomer
    3. Looks mostly like a swelling rather than an actual dislocation or break.

yunki
    Free Member

If they amputate your shoulder could I perhaps buy it from you? I think it would make a nice roasting joint.. If I had a restaurant I would bill it on the menu as ‘shoulder of fortune’

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Basil, not mint

boxelder

shoulder of fortune

Chuckle……

Basil? – not fecked, just fawlty

bikebouy
    Free Member

Looks awful, Sotty General for you sonny..

bearnecessities

Boxelder, pun of the year! 😀

mattbee

Pop down to the RHS walk in centre after 2pm, Claire is working this PM so she may end up seeing you. X

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Gone to RSH walk in wore it is quiet. With a bit of luck I will get through in time for a morning ride

sharkbait
    Free Member

With a bit of luck I will get through in time for a morning ride todays calamity

Hope it’s not too serious.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

GF got knocked off bike by a car last week, has a similar looking (but much prettier) shoulder mis alignment. Physio told her that it was likely to remain like that, although movement and strength would return.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘another day, another injury – a little more painful than the micro-black eye’ is closed to new replies.