Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Another BW sanitised, this time Harden nr Bingley.
  • Simon

For those of you that know the area it’s the BW from Harden Road down to Deep Cliff.
    Fair enough the flat section of this BW was muddy after prolonged wet weather and probably needed some work, but chucking a load of hardcore over the mud was probably not the best option!
    The other half of the BW which is on a gradient was a lovely descent/techy climb, depending on which way you rode it, with lots of exposed bedrock. This has had the same treatment, hopefully the rain will wash most of it away…..

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Ahhh B****cks

Such a shame and all too common. To be honest, yes it was muddy, yes it’s affected badly during winter due to drainage but it’s a week or two of dry-ish weather of being OK again.

The [cough]restoration[/cough] work isn’t really in keeping with the environment and doesn’t benefit anyone apart from perhaps dog walkers.

pennine
    Free Member

They certainly want to flatten everything!! What’s it like further on?

Simon

My first picture is looking down from the top of your first photo.
    At the bit in your second picture some trees have been felled and a couple of the lines through the rocks have been blocked with branches. The main line down to the right (looking up) has had the hardcore treatment.

It’s such a shame, inches under the mud is either bedrock or gritty subsoil, scrape the mud off and you’ve got a great trail.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

It was really badly eroded in sections, but it just needed some spot works, that looks like complete overkill. Problem is, they are just council workers with diggers, not trail builders.
    Do you fancy taking it up with Bob, Simon? It might be St Ives BW next.

ninfan
    Free Member

Ah, that time of year isn’t it? Spend it all before the end of the fiscal or our budget goes down next year!

Cynical, moi? 😡

darrenspink
    Free Member

To be fair to the council I bet they get loads of pressure from the other various users of bridleways. Im sure some of this will wash away during the monsoon period.

Simon

Do you fancy taking it up with Bob, Simon? It might be St Ives BW next.

I’d thought about contacting the council but I’ll probably get no further than moaning about it on here.
    I didn’t ride the permissive BW in St Ives this morning, it might have already been done.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Yep, rode there this afternoon. They’ve made a mess. It had a top coating of sand running down to deep cliff around the rock features.

Mugboo

How about we just move some of it somewhere useful 🙂

Rock step up gone?

Simon

Rock step up gone. My second photo IS the rock step 🙁

martinhutch

Rock step up gone. My second photo IS the rock step ?

😯

Have they just completely buried it? That’s the only thing of any technical interest on the Bingley Bash.

Simon

Was about the only tech bit on the official Bingley Bash, all the rocks have been buried. Plenty of scope to add some tech if you get creative with route planning though.

toastandtea
    Free Member

I was up there early Sunday morning ridding !

Something did need doing as it was right boggy mess . But dumping a load or hardcore wasn’t maybe the best solution ! Wonder how the other BW users feel about it ?

Part of me thinks that maybe the singletraction group should have offered to repair that section of BW , since there has been no joy with the St Ives BW . Too late now I guess !

Chris

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

When I was first looking at Simon’s photos, I was wondering if we could shovel that material away to bring back the rock step. ie into that big puddle at the side.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Another BW sanitised, this time Harden nr Bingley.’ is closed to new replies.