Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Another bird rescue, happy ending this time.
  • houndlegs
    Free Member

There was a thread on here the other day about poor old Heston the bird who sadly perished.
    So I thought I’d cheer you up with a tale about Santa the jackdaw.
    We have a nest on our chimney, and last night a bird fell out of the nest and down the chimney, we could hear it sqwalking and flapping about behind the wall, so this morning I knocked a hole in the wall and rescued poor old Santa.
    He’s been sat in the conservatory all day, and just hopped out the back door about twenty minutes ago, he was a bit unsure with flying but he managed to get up onto the fence and from there he’s flown across the street onto the roof opposite.
    Here’s the little blighter on the fence, my good deed is done for today.

_20140608_182955 by philipdixon36, on Flickr

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Thanks for posting this 🙂 I am still in mourning over poor little Heston.

Glad to see a happier ending!

houndlegs
    Free Member

Glad its cheered you up 🙂

jonahtonto
    Free Member

well done. i found fledgling jackdaw in work on fri morn who was a bit worse for wear so i took him up the scaffold to give him more or a chance at flying. was a real pleasure to see him launch, wobble wobble, soar! 🙂 the boys all chipped in a bit of ham from their sarnies as a pre flight energy boost (we didnt have any meal worms so spam seemed the next best thing). easysand is your friend for patching that hole back up

jonahtonto
    Free Member

-double post

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I ran past a dead owl this morning, on the pavement side by the main road 🙁

Not pecked apart yet, I was very tempted to go get it and bury it properly.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Does anyone want some baby jackdaws? Loads in our loft!

donks
    Free Member

Our 2 cats seem to be hell bent on destroying the bird population of our town. Its almost a daily occurrence that one of them gets a bird. They have the usual bells on collars etc but to no avail…little bloody raptors

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Another bird rescue, happy ending this time.’ is closed to new replies.