Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Anger management.
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Apparently I have anger management issues. What do people tend to do to resolve them?

yunki
    Free Member

eight pints of stella..

+ cliquey local pub..

+ pants off… gob on…

+ start discussing politics..

= anger issues addressed

emma82
    Free Member

Deep breathing, step away from the situation, think happy thoughts. Is it ‘red mist impulsive urge to hurt someone’ anger or stubbing your toe results in a massive swear fest type anger? One requires more help than the other….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I deal with my anger and frustration by punching motorists…

AdamW
    Free Member

I used to have a nasty temper but I’ve calmed quite a bit. Meditation and the realisation that between action and reaction (anger) there’s a gap where I can choose. I managed to widen that gap by biting my tongue and forcing myself to relax when wound up.

I now appear as soft as poo but if pushed too far (which takes a lot these days) people start running!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

It’s more along the lines of if I think someone is a **** i’ll tell them they’re a **** in no uncertain terms without regard for the consequences.

Drac

What happened to your good people skills?

jon1973
    Free Member

Apparently I have anger management issues.

If someone told me that I give them a good kicking.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I mess somebody up every day. I’m fine after that.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Drac – I finished for the summer and a lecturer had a go at me on debrief day. That’s what happened to my people skills.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Pfft. And you think you have proper anger issues? I though you meant you attacked people with minimal provocation and acted with extreme violence way beyond reason or rationality…

You’re just a bit of an arrogant obtuse knob, is all it really sounds like… 😉

yunki
    Free Member

It’s more along the lines of if I think someone is a **** i’ll tell them they’re a **** in no uncertain terms without regard for the consequences.

that’s not anger management issues.. that’s just narrow minded ignorance..

emma82
    Free Member

I agree with Elf, thought you meant more violence involved. Swearing at people is fine, you’ll soon learn to control it when some one lays you out as you deserve or sacks you for inappropriate behaviour at work.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

So just carry on as normal then?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Now, if you’d told us you attacked people in zoos for trying to help your kid whattud fallen over, then maybe we’d take you more seriously..

emma82
    Free Member

Yep as you were 8)

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Elfin – do you remember the precise details of that wee incident? Kid fell over, stranger comes running over from a fair distance away to pick him up, I step between them and protect my son from a stranger, guy bounces off and falls over.

totalshell

its a bit like a drunk acknowledging it is the first step then keep your mouth shut is the next walking away from temptation is the next and understanding what the triggers are is the next
    i have specific triggers that are guaranteed to get me red faced and ffing and jeffing so to most peple i m charming and witty to specific others in specific circumstances i’m a f**king wombat

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yawn…

I’m already bored. Not your best effort, SBZ.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Smoke tabs.

emma82
    Free Member

Oh dear, here we go 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

I agree not necessarily anger, just a loose tongue.

MTFU and just don’t do it, for starters. Step away, step out of yourself for a second, like an out of body experiences.. when I get really really angry I do this and my body is paralysed for a few seconds, kinda feels tingly…

I went through this as a kid, got a handle on it now.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Hurting baby robins …could be a childs face next time

I step between them and protect my son from a stranger, guy bounces off my fist and falls over.

Everyone thought you over reacted to someone trying to help your child and then you changed the story SBZ seems better lets not go there folks

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Is it the Woods Behind Nationwide in Swindon?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

No, but Rafa Benitez is going to be the next manager of Villa. Press conference tomorrow.

molgrips
    Free Member

Re the zoo incident.. I’ve found that now I have a toddler, such things as picking them up or stopping from falling are an automatic reflex, even if it’s not your kid. And it’s not just me either – just now at Ikea the kids were playing in the kiddy play pit and one kid bumped into another sending her stumbling backwards towards the steps. About 3 of the parents leapt forward with a hand to steady her. Then my kid wanted to get down the steps and a nearby mother almost without looking took her hand and helped her down. I think she had a moment of ‘wait that’s not my kid’ and Meg had a reciprocal moment of ‘wait you’re not my mum’ but they both brushed it off.

I’ve even mildly told off kids that weren’t mine absent mindedly!

That’s definitely something you don’t appreciate until you’ve had your own kids or at least looked after them continuously.

DrP

Day in day out I see people with similar tales, thinking they have ‘issues’ or ‘mental health problems’. What they don’t have is mental health issues – they simply need to control themselves, and more to the point, they ARE fully able to control themselves, they just choose not to.

Quite simply put – you’ve identified what your problem is, you’ve identified that it’s been noticed and is probably affecting you, now do the sensible thing and stop doing it?
    That’s all part of adult behaviour – identify a trait that is potentially damaging, and stop/change it……

DrP

crikey
    Free Member

This will be followed by a version of this;

sacks you for inappropriate behaviour at work

The one thing you will learn, either now, quickly, or later when it’s too late is that the NHS is very very very keen on people not being nasty to each other.

The way this works is that you may develop a reputation for being unpleasant, for speaking your mind, etc., and then one day you’ll say the wrong thing to the wrong person and it’s Goodnight Vienna.

If you annoy or upset or piss off enough people or just one or two of the wrong people, you will not last long.

Been in the biz 24 years now, seen it done a number of times.

Radioman

Dr P is correct. “Angry” adults are just selfishly trying to get their own way without regard for others. They normally carry it on because they have been able to get away with it. Thankfully all meet a point in their adult lives where they pay the price for their selfishness and lack of self discipline.

Kit
    Free Member

Are you happy with the way you conduct yourself SBZ? If so, then **** everyone else 😉

Drac

That’s all part of adult behaviour – identify a trait that is potentially damaging, and stop/change it….

Even kids know this after a certain too but as you say they choose not to do it. Quite possibly for attention.

avdave2

It’s more along the lines of if I think someone is a **** i’ll tell them they’re a **** in no uncertain terms without regard for the consequences

Avoid mirrors. 🙂

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

That’s not anger issues, it’s just arrogance,sloppy self discipline and poor manners.

Proper anger issues get you stitches and then arrested by and large.

hels
    Free Member

Not sure if this is quite the same issue, but a friend of mine used to be quite “outspoken”. Then he just kind of mellowed, declaring that he discovered friends are more important than being right. I think he just grew up.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Sp basically, just grow up, SBZ. 🙂

And stop yer trolling….

Coyote
    Free Member

Look beyond your own limited horizons. Gain an understanding of what makes you angry and try to changes things. Sometimes this may mean changing yourself though.

emma82
    Free Member

Have you calmed down now SBZ – I have an image of you sat in a corner shaking but muttering to yourself ever so slightly in a creepy kinda ‘I’m gonna go on a killing spree’ kinda way 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Home Sweet Home

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Anger management.’ is closed to new replies.