Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Andy Schleck about to retire?
  • atlaz
    Free Member

That is almost certainly the case; filling the room. I’ve somehow ended up on Trek Factory Racing’s PR list and as I’m local there’s a greater chance that I’d make the effort to drive 20km rather than flying down from London for example. If I was actually in the country today I’d have considered it.

hora
    Free Member

Coming from the former #1 Lance Armstrong fan in the universe

We’d be fools to think that each countries doping testers (for ALL sports) have high ideals and rigorously and regularly test and prosecute all athletes come out of season.

We will never know though. Only when the idiots slip up and are occassionally caught under competition.

And oh yes, I was an idiot to blindly believe.

bikebouy
    Free Member

He’s off to MTN… Bet ya’s 😆

ratherbeintobago

He’s off to MTN… Bet ya’s

No, press conference has been called by Trek Factory Racing so either he’s renewed with them (doubtful) or he’s retiring. If it was a new team, the new team would be calling the conference.

nemesis
    Free Member

mrlebowski – Member

Likewise, but I think if you’re really going to contribute to the discussion you need to back up what you say, rather than shouting “He’s a cheat!”

Fuentes, Riis, performances pre and post bio passport and more stringent testing. I’m ok with my view that he’s a cheat. I’m not asking for him to be banned on that but it’s enough for me.

And I think it’s very relevant to this thread. He’s a doper, he’s made no obvious effort to improve the situation even if he decided to stop and while I agree that he seems like a perfectly nice guy, that’s not really enough for me to be sad that he’s retiring.

wwaswas

He’s just announced it, cites knee injury as cause.

mrblobby
    Free Member

(almost) nobody says the same about Cancellara or Voigt.

Lots have questioned Cancellara.

I’ve said the same about Voight here in the past. Even if he never doped, his claim that he never saw or heard anything when he rode for some of the worst offending teams at the hight of the doping era is a bit hard to believe.

atlaz
    Free Member

Fuentes

That was his brother. Yes he got away with it but it still doesn’t mean Andy paid Fuentes (as far as I know, most clients were pointed out).

atlaz
    Free Member

Oh, and he’s retired effective the end of the season, which realistically means now.

ratherbeintobago

Oh, and he’s retired effective the end of the season, which realistically means now

Is there a link anywhere?

Nobby
    mrblobby
    Free Member

Oh dear, a 4th positive for Astana 😐

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Andy Schleck about to retire?’ is closed to new replies.