Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Android adware/malware recommendations
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Just started getting the odd popup (is your phone getting slow) so I presume it’s time to install something to clear it out – what do you recommend?

Cougar

A factory reset and being more careful what you click on / install.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

To be fair, if they are rogue adverts like we’ve seen on here, a reset isn’t going to do much.

allthegear
    Free Member

What Cougar says. Mind you, on some android phones even that might not entirely work. :-/

Rachel

sharkbait
    Free Member

Amazingly I couldn’t see the warning that says “if you install this app there will be malware” when I installed!
    I’ve only installed a handful of apps and 90% of those are from fairly trusted sources (banks, google, BBC, etc) 🙁

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Only needs one to be dodgy.
    I go through mine fairly regularly, clear out anything remotely dodgy and do a factory reset.

Re-installs all the apps from scratch rather than using a backup.

Keeps the phone fast as well, even if there isn’t anything dodgy installed.

bigjim

in conclusion is there no anti ad/malware for android then? A friend has been getting lots of pop ups after not updating her apps for about 2 years

sharkbait
    Free Member

Well I installed malate bytes in the end and it found one dodgy app which it has removed, so we’ll see if it’s worked over the next week (I only got the very occasional popup).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Android adware/malware recommendations’ is closed to new replies.