Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Amazingly noisy Revelations
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

I’ve got a 140mm pair of dual air uturns with motion control damping. They work fine insomuch as all the adjustments adjust things as they should but the noise, really loud squeltching on compression and rebound, is that normal? I’m assuming it is as they work well enough.

LoCo
    Free Member

Yep fairly normal oil running through ports/shims, will be noiseier at certain settings, doubt you’ll notice it while riding 😉

joolsburger
    Free Member

Cool thanks Loco. Other thing if you have time to help? I’m having a bit of a mare setting them up so as not to ping off rocks etc while still being stiff enough not to dive like divey things. Is it a case of adjusting + and – pressure until I get something that works or should I run them a bit softer and use the compression damping to help out with the dive or a bit of both? I am heavy so they have about 150 psi in them right now!

Grateful for any tips base don your extensive experience.

LoCo
    Free Member

Set it up on the sag, 25%, if adding pressure into the positive chamber add at 5 psi at at a time.
    A click or two on the compression damper will help with dive too, I’d suggest trying to dial out the dive using the damping with fork set at the correct sag before adding extra pressure to the positive chamber though.

scandal42
    Free Member

As above,

Mine do this but it isn’t really noticeable once you get going.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Thanks I really appreciate it I’m probably being a bit pump happy I’ll try it in 5psi increments as you suggest.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Amazingly noisy Revelations’ is closed to new replies.