Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Am I the only one to notice this?
  • gravytrain
    Free Member

There I was near a B&Q and I noticed this stupid women staring back at me from a poster. I felt a strange anger towards it and felt I needed to see if I am the only one. Now take a moment to look at the photo and then I will explain where my feelings came from:

Look at the womens face, she is grinning inanely dragging the machine across the carpet and she hasnt even got her hand on the on switch. Why would you grin when you are cleaning the carpet, who enjoys it especially when you are just taking the hoover thing for a walk. Mind you judging by the womens dress sense maybe cleaning the carpet is all she has to do to fill her day. Maybe she is grinning as she is imagining how white her carpet would be if she acually switched the machine on.
    Is it just me?

djglover
    Free Member

Maybe she has a butt full of love eggs?

kimbers

take one of these

gravytrain
    Free Member

I hadnt thought of the butt eggs, maybe she had too many of the above as well!

maccruiskeen

Maybe she knows the rug doctor cleans the carpet so forensically clean that she’s now free to kill again. And now you’ve caught her eye.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg6AMEW2VAA[/video]

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Do you have these same feelings when looking at the Marks and Spencer xmas advert?

khani
    Free Member

I like it, good honest advertising, not like the almost subliminal hypnotising marketing that some large corporations use to brainwash the masses..
    B&Q you say? How much?…

gravytrain
    Free Member

well the m&s photo isnt one you’d want to spend a day staring at but it doesnt give me any strange feelings of anger, maybe if one of the children was pulling around a non functioning electrical appliance while grinning then that may insight some rage

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I like it, good honest advertising, not like the almost subliminal hypnotising marketing that some large corporations use to brainwash the masses..
    B&Q you say? How much?…

Is this why its called gorilla marketing?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

gravytrain – Member
    well the m&s photo isnt one you’d want to spend a day staring at but it doesnt give me any strange feelings of anger, maybe if one of the children was pulling around a non functioning electrical appliance while grinning then that may insight some rage

😀

Thats fine then, not what I thought.

gravytrain
    Free Member

what you mean khani has been hypnotised by the grinning lady and he wants a go with the cleaner?

piemonster

Actually that m&s advert is pretty annoying

khani
    Free Member

It’s the violet cardigan, oh baby!…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No it’s not just you, I feel a strange anger too.

Go back and tear the poster down, I would – if I knew where it was.

gravytrain
    Free Member

It’s the violet cardigan, oh baby!…

you think she has had a go on her own clothes with the cleaner?

gravytrain
    Free Member

No it’s not just you, I feel a strange anger too.

Go back and tear the poster down, I would – if I knew where it was.
    now youve seen this one you will start to see them popping up all over the place!

khani
    Free Member

Well it looks very efficient, she looks happy with it, I’ll bet if you needed your carpet cleaning that’s the machine to do it with…
    You can rent em in Morrisons too..

somafunk

Perhaps it’s just my rather twisted mind going off on a tangent but i had the thought that if such a young woman is in need of a product called a “Rug Doctor” then what she really needs is a short back n’ sides, or a “Brazillian” in the more common vernacular, perhaps that is why she has dressed like a cutting room floor reject from a saga editorial on hand knitted mauve cardigans.

“As seen on TV” – is this meant to inspire confidence in the product?, just because it has been “seen” on TV then we should automatically go out and purchase one straightaway?, in that case i wish to purchase a two legged dog with a skateboard for a back end as i once saw that on tv and i was mightily impressed with the way it scooted about with total control………….till it hit a tilled kitchen floor at speed and did a rather ungainly 720 degree spin, i admittingly laughed so hard i snorted a heinz baked bean up the back of my throat and out my nose.

nealglover
    Free Member

she is grinning inanely dragging the machine across the carpet and she hasnt even got her hand on the on switch

Maybe she is grinning as she is imagining how white her carpet would be if she acually switched the machine on.

I hate to burst your Rant bubble.

But her thumb is on the button that it needs to be on to make the machine work.

The machine is on. She is doing it correctly.

Sorry.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It’s not even plugged in ffs.

john_drummer
    Free Member

don’t get me started on TOTP 😉

nealglover
    Free Member

Good point 🙂

yodagoat
    Free Member

Its the RUG DOCTOR. It sorts out lady hair.
    Thread closed.

Pook

yep – that lever is the handle adjuster. And you can’t see the cable to know if it’s plugged in or not.

Sorry.

The m+s one though – isn’t it cruel to drop those kids from a building?

globalti
    Free Member

She’s not wearing a French maid’s outfit, is that your problem?

gravytrain
    Free Member

I hate to burst your Rant bubble.

But her thumb is on the button that it needs to be on to make the machine work.

The machine is on. She is doing it correctly.

Sorry.
    Well if it is switched on then why cant I see all the dirty water flying round in the little clear bit at the top?

nealglover
    Free Member

Don’t know.

Maybe there was a power cut just before the pic was taken.
    Maybe the carpet is already clean on that bit so the water is clear.
    Maybe they photoshopped it out because it looked like badger poo.

But her thumb is on the correct button 😉

marcus7
    Free Member

I’ve used one and i’m pretty sure that what i looked like whilst doctoring the floor, I was smiling all the way as it is a joy to use…. ( it works on man rug too BTW )

molgrips
    Free Member

If she took her shoes off when in the house she might not need to clean her carpet.

DezB
    Free Member

I think she’s just done a little test clean, her husband has called “Does it work?” She’s stopped the machine so she can hear, smiled at the nice man and answered him. “It cleans beautifully, darling”.

nealglover
    Free Member

I must admit I was probably smiling when using it too.
    Because I hadn’t realised the carpet was actually that colour and it was so easy to do.

johndoh
    Free Member

If she took her shoes off when in the house she might not need to clean her carpet.

Maybe she’s grinning because her boring OCD nagging husband isn’t home so she can actually walk around with her shoes on in the house without having to listen to him moan about it. Again.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

[California – 1992 the studio carpets are gleaming}

[Sandra;] I just don’t feel it mile – i mean it just isn’t a whole lot of fun.
    [Mike;] You don’t think I know that baby – but this thing is going to be reeling in money all over the world 20 years from now – you want to be the face right?
    [Sandra;] I guess..
    [Mike;]Then smile sugar – it’s as seen on TV!

johndoh
    Free Member

[Mike;] And I can get you plenty more work – and you’ll be much closer to the carpet too…

annebr
    Free Member

She has an awfully large forehead. 😕

nicko74

She has an awfully large forehead.

True, and the angle they’ve shot from looks like it’s shot from a spy satellite peering through her living room window

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Am I the only one to notice this?’ is closed to new replies.