Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Am I abnormal (Exposure content)??
  • konanige

Whilst working in the man cave blowing up a new tube on the CX bike, there was a massive bang and all the lights went out scaring the crap out of me, obviously with the power going off I knew it wasn’t the tube going pop, turned out it was my 2 year old Exposure charger exploding!! Light seems to be ok, anyone else had this??

tenfoot

No, but now I’m worried I might.

wildc4rd
    Free Member

Not known it happen, but I always leave my charger plugged in in the corner of the study, maybe I’ll take it out if I’m not there and charging something!

whitestone
    Free Member

Was it actually charging something or had you just left it plugged in? A bit worrying either way. I’d send it to Exposure so they can have a look at it and if there’s anything incorrect then their design can be fixed.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Been known to happen with fakes and dodgy cheap Chinese stuff. Where did you get it?

Though a cap can go pop in genuine equipment. Unusual though. Only ever had that with computer power supplies.

konanige

It was genuine charger came with my maxd, and was charging said light at the time!!

stevio

my Exposure charger cut out last week; glad it didn’t go bang now…. 🙁

Poopscoop

It’s not the charger you need to worry about. That’s just a bit noisy,a capacity might have gone bang.

It’s if the battery in the light goes up you will know it! 😀

newrobdob
    Free Member

I am sure Exposure will sort out a new one for you. I’d be tempted to send the whole lot to them to test everything is ok.

mariner
    Free Member

I have one of the Chinese chargers came with my light.
    Dont know if its a myth that they can burn your house down but I always run the lead outside if mains charging or use a pebble with usb lead inside.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Am I abnormal (Exposure content)??’ is closed to new replies.