Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • alright, gimme a clue….
  • jimmy

About a month ago my boss asked me how to get the pads out of Avid Elixirs. From what I could remember, I said “Just unscrew the bolt?”. “You’d think so” he said. I smugly shrugged thinking I’d have no bother when it came to replacing my own pads.

How wrong I was. I’ve taken out the e-clip, unscrewed it to the end of the short thread and now it won’t go anywhere, forward or back. It spins freely, but is just caught and I’ve been trying for too long already to get it out. Any clues? Only thing I can think is the grooved end (for the e-clip) has got itself stuck, but the amount of wiggling and pulling I’ve put into it I’m sure it would have come out by now were that the case.

ojom
    Free Member

bring it up to mine if you want. only had one beer so should be able to school you.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I thought the idea with avids was that you just chuck the brakes away after the pads have worn down and then buy some new ones?

jimmy

Marky-mark – have beer to drink myself. Actually that could help. Otherwise, I’ll be chief faffer in the morning.

njee20
    Free Member

stick a small allen key in the hole from the spoke side and tap with hammer? Never had a problem myself.

ojom
    Free Member

i have some spare brakes in the garage if you balls things up

jimmy

got spares and that. just won’t f**king come out (starting to lose rag).

njee – that was my first thought. needless to say…

ojom
    Free Member

go batshit! with videos please.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘alright, gimme a clue….’ is closed to new replies.