Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Alpkit – a grand sense of humor.
  • matt_outandabout

Been meaning to post this for ages…took a picture last night: the safety label in an Alpkit Delta.

IMAG0035 by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

galactus
    Free Member

I like the personal/quirky touch 😀

allthegear
    Free Member

They clearly feel the the bowl of petunias are of a risk not worth mentioning…

Rachel

fourbanger
    Free Member

woodland creatures, they will steal your food

**** right they will. When I was younger and more stoned I went on a group camp to South Wales. We went out for an evening to the pub and came back to find badgers had eaten our sausages, bread and butter! Our cunning barricade of camping chairs didn’t deter them and the next eve they were at it again. It didn’t occur to a group of stoned teens that a car was more badger proof than an old canvas ridge tent. Everyday a schoolday…

footflaps

The founders of Alpkit met in what was my local outdoor shop, (500 yards from where my Parents live).

mattstreet

Superb. 8)

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

This post seems like perfect timing, I was just looking at the Delta tents.

How do you find it Matt?

Do you perhaps have any pictures of the inside once set up?

Jon

duckman

On that theme, crows in Skye open rucksack zips And steal energy gels… 😮 Not cheap mars bars,oh no.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Whoever writes the surly customer service blog needs to read that.

matt_outandabout

http://www.flickr.com/photos/matt_outandabout/sets/72157631549926917/with/8689374859/

It is worth £60, but not a perfect tent by any means. Is a faff to pitch right, but once you have it is OK. Is susceptible to high winds in tent mode – the gaps between inner and outer are not big enough/close down in gusts. The inner is a bit baggy, and odd things like 4 attachments points for top of inner and 5 points on the outer…
    BUT, it is light, it does work, it has survived a good few wet nights with me (including last night in 30mph+ gusts and snow/rain/hail) and works really well in ‘bivvy’ mode of just outer (and then weighs next to nowt).
    It also needs a couple of faffs with door bottom ‘restrainers’ adding, and wax on zips to make it run free.
    Worth £60? yep, I reckon. But no more, and only if you are a faffer / and or prepared to find sheltered ish camps.

piemonster

Brilliant

Airborne Whales 🙂

matt_outandabout

Oh, and you must have a ground protector – as with any light tent.

tazzymtb

Whoever writes the surly customer service blog needs to read that.

why? so they can use a poor copy of the sort of humour that innocent drinks have used for years, rather than do their own thing which is far funnier and be more in tune with the average surly type rider?

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

Thanks Matt,Now very tempted.

Jon

matt_outandabout
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just taking the mick tazzy. Don’t be suffering vaginitis siliconosus on me now.

Cougar

They clearly feel the the bowl of petunias are of a risk not worth mentioning…

First thing I thought, too. (-:

I got this on a t-shirt the other day:

crikey
    Free Member

Is it only me who thinks this kind of thing isn’t actually funny at all? It’s all a bit ‘wacky student’, the kind of thing the office prankster would point out on the back of his hilarious tie…

crankboy
    Free Member

Have a look at how they actually advertise the tent on their website. Complete and utter honesty, makes you happy to buy from them.

stufive
    Free Member

I think it’s great I to a hand written note with a gourdon bag

cynic-al
    Free Member

What crikey said, this is better than homicide inducing Howies’, and surly’s one is good (they are my new best pals).

jam-bo

Do howies tshirts still have ‘wash me when I stink’ on the label?

oliverd1981
    Free Member

My favorite was my Dalikfodda beanie :-

Made proper in Yorkshire
    Do not wash – ever

footflaps

The flies on North Face trousers have ‘Never Stop Exploring’ written on the inside flap…..

wheelz
    Free Member

I’ve always found the washing instructions on Lapierre bikes amusing, but then I’m easily amused…

willard

Always happy to buy from Alpkit. They actually understand the requirements of a taller gentleman bivvy-er and produce stuff that i can fit into.

And they are polite and ship when they say they will.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Alpkit – a grand sense of humor.’ is closed to new replies.