• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Alp-ifying an 07 trance
  • dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Going to the swiss alps next week to Gryon nearish champery etc and thinking about braking performance.
    Got an 07 trance with 2008 130mm revelations up front.
    Brakes are 08 m4’s 183/160 with standard rotors (non floating)
    Haven’t been impressed with the front one’s power – seems my old juicy 3’s were better?!? Put in new pads but still doesn’t seem great.
    Is it worth swapping a hope V2 with 203 vented rotor from my marin quake over to the trance just for the trip? do you think it’d get used enough?

Have put an ad in classified for 203/183 discs rotors but we’ll see what comes of that.

Drac

Be fine as it is.

Olly
    Free Member

ive never been to the alps,
    but i personally cant fault hayes nines for not getting hot, ever.

OE nines are 30ish quid an end on crc, and then a rotor upgrade to a monster rotor on the front would probably do the job!

ive also never liked hope brakes (bleurgh)
    expensive brakes doesnt mean better brakes.

but thats my opinion

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I have an 06 Trance that I have “beefed” up with heavier wheels and Pikes etc.
    Was running in 185 and 165 non mono M4’s and just put a 205 on the front with a +20 adaptor.
    Cheers
    Steve

freeridenick
    Free Member

Surely take the marin Quake!

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

yep – just take the quake!…. or if you’re not planning on doing the more downhillery bits the current rotors will be fine.

Tracey

Katie ran this in Verbier with no problems

http://kevinlawton6103.fotopic.net/c1353922.html

You should be OK

Tracey

caledonia
    Free Member

If they feel spongey maybe get LBS to bleed them for you.
    Best be safe than sorry.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Ditto bleeding brake advice, and maybe get some DH inner tubes if you can as well.

snaps
    Free Member

All I did was fit new pads & bleed them.
    If you just get a 203mm disc for the front you can fit the 183mm to the rear.

Why on earth are people telling him/her they’ll be ok as they are, when he’s quite clearly stated he isn’t happy with the power?

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

ha ha. good replies here.
    I’m going for essentially a long weekend and it’ll be more xc this time i think. When I go to stay with flowmtb for a week in august I shall be going all out with the quake to rip portes du soleil apart 😉
    They don’t feel spongey and I know if they need bleeding (the ones on my quake do)
    Would go out and get a 203 disc and the appropriate adaptors but it’d come to £64 new!! hence wondering about putting the V2 on instead. save me a bunch of money…

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

If you already have a big rotor why not stick it on?

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

Yep – if you want better brakes and don’t want to shell out for them just nick them off the Quake. simple.

See you in august!

Drac

Why on earth are people telling him/her they’ll be ok as they are, when he’s quite clearly stated he isn’t happy with the power?

Because it will be if they’re bled properly, don’t know about you but I don’t buy new brakes just because they’re not set up correctly.

Sorry if I misunderstand your post Drac, but are you saying the brakes will be fine if bled properly?

Dirtbiker has stated that they don’t need bleeding. He/she seems to actually have a grasp of what their brakes should be like, but just isn’t happy with them.

Drac

Ah your right didn’t see that bit in their reply. Guess he’s answered his own question then.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Alp-ifying an 07 trance’ is closed to new replies.