Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • (almost) have a bmx finally ;-)
  • racefaceec90

well it’s been both a bad/good day today.
    the bad. i rode to the bike shop not realizing that i forgot to bring my puncture repair stuff with me DOH! obviously i got a puncture (about 3 miles from the shop 😡 cue a long (for me) walk to the shop (grumbling/overheating e.t.c)

the good. there was a lovely wethepeople big white box in the shop waiting for me. here was what was inside 😀

what you see is as much as i have seen of the bike so far. man arn’t bmx’s diddly or what 😆 😳 i was expecting it to be slightly bigger.
    also with those gears,it will be most interesting cycling it back on monday (cos that’s when i’m getting it 😀 i have visions of me looking like i’m peddling a tiny clown bike (the gears i mean).also the seatpost isn’t very much either,so it looks like i will have to stand all the way back 😯 🙂
    all i need is one of those old style squeeze horns fitted to it,then i’ll be set 😆

in all honesty though i cannot wait to start to ride it (and hopefully try and learn some skills).

as a final insult,as i was walking out of morrison’s supermarket i saw a couple of teens on bmx’s.one was topless to get a tan on his tatts i believe 😉 (and smoking a spliff i believe) he nonchalantly pulled a 180 (flash bastard 😆

tinsy
    Free Member

The bike is there, you have pictures, its yours and you cant get it until Monday?

Take it in the box and put it together yourself.. No way I could or would wait.

GW
    Free Member

Monday?
    It takes 5 mins to build a bmx from the box

philconsequence
    Free Member

tanning fades tattoos and spliffs makes you impotent, he’s a fool to himself.

exciting stuff about the bike dude, enjoy it!! :D:D:D

philconsequence
    Free Member

one of those facts may be made up.

racefaceec90

i should have added that it’s not physically mine until november (that will be when i have paid it off finally). i don’t mind waiting tbh.the other thing was that i was on my duster mtb and the shop is around 11 miles from where i live.i plan on walking to the shop on monday (as the bus fare to melksham from devizes is extortionate (over £6.00 for an 8 mile journey/i take a longer route on the bike on k & a canal).
    i know i’m crazy though 😉
    cheers philconsequence 😀

donks
    Free Member

Quality, your going to love it Race. Are there any decent skateparks round your way??
    of course you stand…and dont even dare to try and raise that seat even the one inch it will let you…there’s just no point, its standing all the way and any bit that coasts you need to get that manual practice in. Trust me even the scruffiest chav type on a BMX BSO will nonchalantly pull 180/360/tyre taps ect probably whilst on the phone ordering some more gear….it drives me mad.

slight word of warning here…just remember to regularly check those brake mounts as they can work loose with crap consequences as iv’e discovered.

I_Ache
    Free Member

You git. I’m looking forward to the pics of it built.

I’m really going to have to stop clicking on these BMX threads I have a wethepeople itch that needs to be scratched but can’t until next year.

handyandy
    Free Member

Love it, cant wait to see pics of the finished product

racefaceec90

well i am slightly excited today (am very childish 😀 will be picking up the bmx in around 4 hours (i just always feel like a kid at christmas,whenever i am about to get a new bike 😀

will be walking around 10 miles to the shop (as the bus fare is extortionate/over £6.00 for a 10 mile journey 😯 but i really don’t mind (i just hope it doesn’t rain 🙁

full pics/report when i get back (excluding my non existent bike skills 😳

I_Ache
    Free Member

Don’t rush yourself on the walk there, you will need all your energy for riding back. I wouldn’t fancy 10 miles on a BMX.

racefaceec90

well i’m back 😀
    i left at 7am for the bike shop.it was a really nice walk on the towpath (to the melksham turnoff nr seend).
    from there it was on the road/pavement to melksham.

i got there at exactly 9.30am (when the shop opened).i was there before the guys in the shop were 😆 (i think one of the guys had a problem with his engine blowing up or something in his van/he was towed by the aa).

anyhoo here are a few pics of the new bike (apologies for the bad camerawork 😳

first impressions of actually trying it out.lovely acceleration,but by the gods does it feel small (i’m only 5ft 5″,but i felt perched on the bike/like a giant riding a clown bike 😯
    (we’ll pass on me trying to bunnyhop/manual i cannot do either 😳

anyhoo onwards and upwards i said to myself.let’s start riding back home.

i must admit to being pretty wary riding it (as i seriously felt that i had never ridden a bike before riding it,if that makes any sense?)
    i tried to jump off a small kerb,and nearly went over the bars 😆 😳 i know that the problem is that this is a completely new/different bike (not a mountain bike.my mind is still in duster mtb mode).

the ride back was pretty good actually :-)when riding normally (well that’s all i can do at present 😳 even though i was standing all the way back,once i got used to it,it was fine.i also climbed the whole of caen hill without stopping (i rock/not really 😉

overall i absolutely love the bike (it really does look stunning!),but i seriously will need to practice on it to start learning the basics (and i will have to mtfu big time too 😳

sorry for the longwinded post,but i just wanted to give a numpty view of riding a bmx bike for the first time since being a kid (and my karlhoff had a longer wheelbase also/you could sit and pedal too 😀

senorj

that looks lovely.
    Do the bike shop a favour and tell them to get that window seen to before winter. 😉

chiefgrooveguru

Very smart! Impressed you managed the ride home ok. They feel even tinier when you’re my height let alone well over 6′.

JoeG
    Free Member

The bike looks fantastic!

It will be 100% your fault if I end up buying one, too!!!

Edit – and tell your LBS that there are weeds growing next to their wall…

_tom_
    Free Member

That looks awesome 🙂 Stick with it, when you get used to it you’ll love it. Jumps become easier on it whilst your mtb becomes noisy, sloppy feeling and cumbersome.

scotchegg
    Free Member

I hope by getting to the shop before the staff you had pies and cakes in hand. oh and coffee….

We all like weekends even LBS staff lol

One thing you will get on the bmx is pain in the wrists!!!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Wow – that looks great. Now do yourself a favour and buy a pivotal flagpole or at the very least a long Eclat torch in lovely midnight teal 8) – your legs will thank you for it on longer rides. Enjoy!

chiefgrooveguru

Now do yourself a favour and buy a pivotal flagpole or at the very least a long Eclat torch in lovely midnight teal – your legs will thank you for it on longer rides.

Hang on, I was definitely told to stick my BMX saddle all the way down in a previous thread! Is sitting down now allowed? 😉

racefaceec90

thanks a lot everyone 😀 i must admit to having the bike in my bedroom (so i can oogle it 😳
    i intend to study the various bmx lessons that i downloaded from youtube on bunnyhopping/manualling then spending a lot of hours on trying to do both (as well as jumping kerbs too 😆

there’s some grass near where i live that i will practice on (with a grassy knoll 😉

my huge respect for bmx’ers has gone up even more since riding the bike 🙂

JoeG
    Free Member

What kind of finish is that on the frame? I can’t tell from the small pix. It really looks nice!

racefaceec90

it’s called titan finish (raw finish basically). have always wanted to get a bike with a raw finish (ever since i saw the zaskar bikes from the early 90’s 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘(almost) have a bmx finally ;-)’ is closed to new replies.