• This topic has 44 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Air Ambulance Fuel duty petition
  • xcgb
    Free Member

Cant see that this has been posted

Please sign this petition as details below

Return VAT on Air Ambulance fuel payments.

Responsible department: Her Majesty’s Treasury

The Air Ambulance Service is forced to meet rising fuel prices year on year including VAT.
    The Air Ambulance Service have saved successive governments millions and millions of pounds funded by charitable donations given by the general public to run what has proven to be an essential service.

Whilst the Lifeboat Service has been exempt from VAT on fuel costs since 1977, a similar privilege has not been afforded to the Air Ambulance Service;

We call on the government to have an urgent review of this situation and in doing so
    We call on the government to return in the form of grants to Air Ambulance Service providers all the future VAT which the Treasury collects from them so that the Air Ambulance Service is in practice exempt from paying VAT in the same way as the Lifeboat Service.

Link

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/29349

Junkyard
    Free Member

signed

wombat

Signed

kimbers

good post

toby1

I’m in too!

higthepig
    Free Member

Done.

s4rpf
    Free Member

Signed

RustyMac

signed it too

Karinofnine

Signed

scaredypants

done – I must admit, often these sorts of posts are a bit shit, but this is a damned fine suggestion !

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

done

creamegg
    Free Member

done

portlyone

Done

flip
    Free Member

dun

br
    Free Member

Surely they get the (majority) of the VAT back anyway on fuel and anything else they purchase, and VAT isn’t ‘fuel duty’ – that’s something else.

niallmb
    Free Member

done and all of my staff have been told that they should sign it too

Kuco

Signed.

carlosg
    Free Member

done

rootes1

do road ambulances and fire engines pay this?

br
    Free Member

Irrelevent really, as public money in/out.

rootes1

Irrelevent really, as public money in/out.

Suppose, but bet that does show through in budgets.

pikey999
    Free Member

Not irrelevant at all every penny spent on fuel duty comes from the fire or ambo budget and goes to central government same as any other supplier. Where the budget comes from is irrelevent. Money spent on fuel duty is money that can’t be spent on frontline services and it’s a huge amount of cash. At a time when budgets are being slashed seem like a good place to redirect some cash to providing emergency cover.

pikey999
    Free Member

Signed BTW

Wozza
    Free Member

Signed, thanks for sharing.

br
    Free Member

Not irrelevant at all every penny spent on fuel duty comes from the fire or ambo budget and goes to central government same as any other supplier. Where the budget comes from is irrelevent. Money spent on fuel duty is money that can’t be spent on frontline services and it’s a huge amount of cash. At a time when budgets are being slashed seem like a good place to redirect some cash to providing emergency cover.

Mate, don’t kid yourself, if they didn’t pay the VAT they’d lose an equivilent value from their budgets – fact.

JulianA
    Free Member

Signed

pikey999
    Free Member

As my user name might suggest Im on the inside on this one and i have a detailed understanding of how my employers budget is sourced, set and spent and I can guarante that money spent on fuel duty for the fleet comes from our overall budget and if we didn’t spend it on duty it would still be there to invest in fleet kit etc.
    Fuel duty and VAT on fuel two different things

sas
    Free Member

I can guarante that money spent on fuel duty for the fleet comes from our overall budget and if we didn’t spend it on duty it would still be there to invest in fleet kit etc.

But if you didn’t have to pay for duty your budget would be cut.

totalshell

great cause but surely they can reclaim all thier VAT anyway? their turnover must be amply in excess of 73k pa..
    pky999.. surely fuel is a front line expense? and i’d suspect that if any costs were removed from the process the budget would be reduced proportionally..

rickmeister

Signed and bump for the morning shift…

grtdkad

Signed

Drac

Our trust pays at the pump price, VAT, fuel duty the full lot.

Mate, don’t kid yourself, if they didn’t pay the VAT they’d lose an equivilent value from their budgets – fact.

Just by putting Fact on the end doesn’t make it so. Ambulance trusts are now heading away from being given a budget, they going for Pay by Response. If they could save on the fuel VAT then it would be a huge saving which would be invested into patient care.

xcgb
    Free Member

Bump

alexpalacefan

Expensive waste of money in my view, (flaming to commence now please).

The budget to keep an aircraft in the air to rescue idiots who have crashed their cars could and should be better spent on more cost effective “health-care treatments”. I’m talking the non-sexy but life changing stuff like cornea transplants and hip replacements.

APF

alexpalacefan

I’m sure that will elicit a stream of “my child was saved” type posts. Meaningless.

I could counter with similar “my granny (and dozens of other grannies) can now walk/see”

APF

bruneep

rootes1 – Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-17379009

Wonder how many “frontline”jobs will go?

thomthumb
    Free Member

idiots who have crashed their car

what about those who get crashed into?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The budget to keep an aircraft in the air to rescue idiots who have crashed their cars could and should be better spent on more cost effective “health-care treatments”.

what about all those idiots that go down Jump Gulley at Swinley without any protective gear, and/or inappropriate bikes?

Scamper
    Free Member

Life saving is more important than life changing hip replacements, no?

allthepies
    Free Member

Is it true that some/all ambulances* “on call” at ambulance stations are left with their engines running ?

Was told this yesterday and wondered if there was any substance.

* wheeled variety not helicopters.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Air Ambulance Fuel duty petition’ is closed to new replies.