Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Agggh what a conundrum (well it may not be to most)
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

I am in two minds. I seem to be using my singlespeed more than my 1×9, but if I sell it will I miss the 1×9???? The only difficult places the ss has been ridden are Hamsterley and Llandegla black(fully rigid) Will I regret going down to just the ss but with some boingyness on the front??? Has anyone else done something similar? Please help my useless indecisiveness!!!

RealMan
    Free Member

I seem to be using my singlespeed more than my 1×9

When you say more, does that mean you're only using the 1×9 once a month or something? Or twice a week?

Is there a reason you need to sell it?

monkeychild
    Free Member

Not ridden the 1×9 in ages and I find my ss more fun. I just think it needs some boingyness so it will suit my ham fisted riding. Basically I need funds for some forks 😀

RealMan
    Free Member

Pop forks from 1×9 (assuming they are boingy) on to SS. Keep rigids by 1×9, but don't put them on. See how you go.

_tom_
    Free Member

I reckon I might feel a bit limited if a SS was my only bike. Saying that I think I'm going that route soon as I can't afford gears and my drivetrains just about nackered (teeth missing)! Front boing but with a lockout would be good so you can stand up and pedal without bobbing all over the place 🙂

monkeychild
    Free Member

Thought about doing this, just worried about getting the race off and on again.

RealMan
    Free Member

Either LBS it, borrow a tool, or get a mate who has the right tool and ask him to do it. Or, ghetto it – screwdriver, mallet, etc. Its a learning experience..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Agggh what a conundrum (well it may not be to most)’ is closed to new replies.