Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Afan, the wall, zig-zags. Thank you.
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Mate of mine decided to open his knee on a rock on Sunday. Nasty gash. Thank you to the two guys behind him for helping him down. The chap who offered the first aid kit out of his car and the guy who gave up his snack bar to my mate. Everyone we saw offered help. So, a big thank you. It was much appreciated. A big thank you to the doc at Bridgend who gave him laughing gas and fifteen stitches as well.

jd06
    Free Member

Hi Onzadaog, We were right behind your mate when he had his “off” (I came down to tell you!)
    How is he doing? It looked a really nasty wound & did you manage to get home ok?
    Cheers
    Justin

Onzadog
    Free Member

Hi Justin, thanks again. Nice to put a name to a face. Turned Into a long day but eventually got back okay. He’s resting today. Think he’ll enjoy having the wife and kids running around after him. Not quite to the bone but nearly. Clean cut though so he should still be okay for Mount Blanc which was his biggest worry.

jd06
    Free Member

Please pass on our regards to him and hope he gets well soon. Best of luck for Mont Blanc! See you on the Wall again soon? 🙂 We’re there most Sunday mornings……

concept1001
    Free Member

Onzadog, I was with JD Sunday, please pass on my regards to your mate, it took great courage to cycle out Zig Zag, I couldnt feel his pain, but riding behind I certainly heard it!!
    Regards

wrecker
    Free Member

I think someone’s in karma credit. Well done.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Hi Carl, thanks again to both you and JD. I’ll pass on your regards. Thanks again for the heads up on the best a&e in the area. Doc there did a good job putting him back together. Funny watching him wiggle his finger about in it telling him it wasn’t actually down to the bone, just nearly!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Just an update for those that might be interested. Thought it was all sorted but a week after he was stiched up, he was back in hospital and spent 4 night on an antibiotic drip. Looks like he’ll not be climbing Mont Blanc after all.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Looks like he’ll not be climbing Mont Blanc after all.

🙁 Bad JuJu.

I’m surprised with a wound of that size they didn’t give anti-B’s as a precautionary measure.

I took 6 sutres to the face and have an open puncture wound on my arm from my off about a week ago – They gave me a weeks course of Co-amoxiclav and Metronidazole to be sure.

Onzadog
    Free Member

He had a week of Amoxycillin to take after they stiched him up. Just got unlucky I guess.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Afan, the wall, zig-zags. Thank you.’ is closed to new replies.