Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Afan – place to stay Friday night?
  • SixFootTwo
    Free Member

Sorry this is probably a very tired old topic but need a Friday night stay before heading out on the trails Saturday am, assume Afan lodge is the default, any other suggestions if it’s booked up?

lrd
    Free Member

I’d camp at afan. Get a cheap pop up tent if you haven’t got one

will
    Free Member

Camp & have a fire. Great fun.

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

You don’t mention dates but if you are thinking this weekend it’s the UK Gravity Enduro Race. There will be trail closures/diversions I expect.

SixFootTwo
    Free Member

Not this weekend and much as I like camping I also like a comfy bed and brekkie cooked for me. Just want to turn up lateish, grab a bite and a beer and hit the hay.

warns74
    Free Member

Go with the default!

SixFootTwo
    Free Member

booked up unfortunately, a bit late in the day, no worries though will surf and find something nearby as we’re a well catered for market.

duff
    Free Member

Green Lanterns normally has room, 10 min drive to trails.

jam1e
    Free Member

Have you tried Bryn Bettws Lodge?

Right next to Afan Skils park just in case the trails haven’t tired you out enough. Also you can start The Wall with Zig Zags and finish with 373/Graveyard – a much better way to ride it!

rascal
    Free Member

Stayed here a few years ago.

http://www.mountainviewbandb.co.uk/index.php/about-us.html

Really nice – 2 ladies run it.

There’s no getting away from the fact that Pot Talbot is an absolute sh*thole though.

wonnyj
    Free Member

if it comes to it premier inn swansae waterfront is a nice location (don’t go to the other one its horrilbe

toby1

I can second BrynBettws – although take a beer or two of your own as the ‘bar’ may well be closed by 8!

SixFootTwo
    Free Member

Afan Lodge and BrynBettws booked (no surprise there then) so trying mountain view and good old google.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Afan – place to stay Friday night?’ is closed to new replies.