Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Afan
  • handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Going tomorrow for a day trip.

What should I not do, and what should I not leave without doing?

Cheers for any top tips…

wallop

Do – Y Wal (lovely climb, beautiful wooded descents)
    Don’t do – Blue Scar (long, man-made descent with sketchy cat litter surface)

Denis99
    Free Member

Wall and / or Whites Level.

Virtually all single track,

wrecker
    Free Member

I rode penhydd recently. Probably won’t ride again. Good final two minutes, other than that a bit boring.
    W2 is a great ride (whites and the wall combined) and Blade is a favourite too.

Klunk
    Free Member

shame, the old penhydd was great fun… hidden valley and sidewinder were fab.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

W2
    Post ride beer at the Refreshment Rooms
    Smile!

jam1e
    Free Member

Just rode Penhydd (good for a Friday night ride on my way home from work)

The trails are dry and dusty – you picked a good weekend handybendyhendo!

Blade is my favorite – it has a bit of everything.

The Skills park up at Bryn Bettws is a lot of fun too. You’ll find it at the end of Graveyard on the Wall.

wrecker
    Free Member

shame, the old penhydd was great fun… hidden valley and sidewinder were fab.

Sidewinder is still there, but it’s not as good as I remember. Hidden valley gone though 🙁
    The last decent is good fun, a bit out of character (it’s more challenging than the rest) but good!
    I do love blade, it seems like quite a bold trail in the world of silky smooth stuff.

ferrals
    Free Member

I like the new penhydd, never rode the old one but I find it nicely xc-ish and good fun on an ht. Particularly like the traverse (think it’s dead sheep gully) when ridden at speed. My fav. Afan trail is the wall though, it’s bedded in an feels quite natural. Quite often ride the wall followed directly by penhydd for a decent length ride. Blade I’m in two minds about, bits are great though. I love the climb out of glyncorrwg, makes a 1/2hr climb go really fast!

sofaboy73
    Free Member

As others gave said W2 is a winner. I’m less keen on blade. There’s some nice sections, but there’s some which don’t work / flow at all imho

TheSlider
    Free Member

Spent 4 days down there last year (second trip of the year – lucky me !!) and did all the trails but, unlike some here, think The Blade is my favourite. Did Penhydd on the last morning before we headed home. I’m SURE it said ‘ROOKIE’ trail on it but I know if I took my wife on it she would NEVER talk to me again !!! (Gives me an idea….)
    But there were some VERY long and boring fire road climbs though some good singletrack and, rather strangely, the BIGGEST drop off in all of Afan ??? What’s that all about ?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Afan’ is closed to new replies.