Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Advice on freewheel removal, Ritchey disc wheels from a Boardman comp
  • purser_mark
    Free Member

Need some help on the above. I bought some cheap used wheels that needed a service sometime ago. Got the front bearings out ok and the non drive side rear.

Stuck with the freewheel though. It’s not Shimano, but a two prong design lock nut in the body which I assume I have to remove to get the bearing out. Tried a Suntour stlye tool as they are two prong, but the pin size was incorrect. Shaved this tool down two fit but the actual diameter is wrong so it doesn’t engage.

There also seems to be an internal large dia spline inside the hub. Can’t find anything useful on the net……

Anyway I’m running out of ideas, so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

scruff
    Free Member

Sounds like the one on my Spesh, I couldnt get it off. Might tak erit to the LBS as the bearings are on last legs.

baznav73
    Free Member

Its the spline inside the hub you want, it will be an allen key but unsure of what size in a ritchey, undo that and remove the whole freehub and replace with a new one.

purser_mark
    Free Member

Done a bit more digging seems it’s a 12mm key. I Dont happen to have one of those lying around on the bench, funnily enough, being such a common size and all! Beg, steal or borrow time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Advice on freewheel removal, Ritchey disc wheels from a Boardman comp’ is closed to new replies.