Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Advantages of middle age..
  • leffeboy

You’ve done tons of stuff but see there is still loads of good stuff left to go, it’s just new stuff that you wouldn’t have got when you were younger. Brilliant

thx1138
    Free Member

Being able to say to Young People those immortal words; ‘When I was Your Age…’

Harry_the_Spider

Getting a sneak preview of the day ahead’s weather when you have your 3:00am pee. 😕

samuri
    Free Member

Laughing inside at young people while they make all the same stupid mistakes that you did.

Looking at a nice young lady in a short dress and thinking ‘She’ll get cold in that’

Knowing stuff. Not bobbins stuff that came out of a book or a university course but real stuff. Like immediately knowing when someone is lying or being able to pick up the nicest bit of steak on the supermarket shelf in a second.

Going for a wee. It really is one of the simplest yet most enjoyable things a middle aged man can do.

Being chilled about the right things. This is my ultimate middle aged best thing. Kids are usually chilled about everything but that just cocks their lives up, *knowing* which things demand attention and which things you can ignore is a beautiful place to be.

psling
    Free Member

Having a Log-in to STW…

jota180
    Free Member

Believing that switching your mobile off at times is normal behaviour

And similarly – not being scared witless about going out for a ride/walk/run in the countryside and remaining un-contactable for the whole time.

robbieh
    Free Member

Laughing at all the 40 something’s that think THEY,RE old 😀 my three kids are all 40 somethings

footflaps

^^ but still being annoyed at the airplay of Radio 2 during the day ^^

+1 start with Chris Evans and then switch to Absolute 80s for the rest of the day….

footflaps

Having a Log-in to STW…

Thinking how young all the Mods look these days…..

zippykona

Buying Classic Bike magazine and saying,I had one of those. Worth a fortune now.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

The number of women that come in the radar.
    Reckon there must be a formula somewhere to work it out.

perthmtb
    Free Member

For me… going back to Uni as a “mature” student, and actually being interested in learning something rather than just getting pi$$ed and laid like the first time around.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Looking at a nice young lady in a short dress and thinking ‘She’ll get cold in that’

clearly I’m not middle aged yet then.

seba560
    Free Member

Not having to get off the sofa to go to the loo. 🙁

Kryton57

Posted 14 hours ago # Report-PostCougar – Moderator
    “Not giving a toss.”

Surely at odds with your new job description Cougar?

For me, its the different kind of satification/noise that comes from a hard earned beer at the end of the day, knowing you won’t end up with your head down the toilet at the end of it (as long as you stick to two 😐 )

binners

Not having the remotest idea of what local bars or clubs are meant to be any good. In fact, being completely unaware of their existence. Yet now being able to give a detailed critique/comparison of all the wine lists at local restaurants, and which use the best locally sourced produce

MrWoppit
    Free Member

totalshell – Member

i remember watching England Brazil in the 1970 world cup and the moon landings..

Watching younger people’s eyes glaze over with boredom whilst you tell them about some interesting thing that happened before they were born…

🙄

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Come on whats this middle aged at 40 ?

Most of you have missed the boat, you’ll not live to 80+

Cougar

Surely at odds with your new job description Cougar?

You misunderstand. I just mean I don’t give a toss about moany-arsed users, so I’m perfect for the job. (-:

leffeboy

Actually, the older you get the range of people that look great goes up as well.

leffeboy

I’d be careful there Kryton – he may be looking for his first kill

Cougar

“First”?

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Kryton57 – Member

For me, its the different kind of satification/noise that comes from a hard earned beer at the end of the day, ending up with my head down the toilet (I never stick to two )

There FTFY

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Advantages of middle age..’ is closed to new replies.