Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Addix Damph / Mary
  • nonk
    Free Member

Just fitted some of the new addix schwalbe tyres in the 2.35 width they seem very narrow compared to the old ones
    Anyone else noticed this ?

marksnook
    Free Member

Got a set to put on but I haven’t got around to it yet. Will do it in the week and report back!

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Hans dampf on the rear and looks a size down compared to the old one it replaced.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Probably the actual size now rather than the 2.5 they inflated to previously.

ichabod
    Free Member

Got me worried now.. just ordered a set of these in 2.35 expecting them to be as massive as ever!

oikeith

I have just put an Addix Soft Magic Mary on the front replacing a Trailstar Hans Dampdf, although the Mary looks smaller, it physically isn’t as it doesn’t fit in the wheel holders of my Thule where as the Hans did! Both meant to be 2.35.

I did hear also that Schwalbe tyres expand after initial inflation, not sure how true that is though.

pjm7
    Free Member

I just fitted MM front/rear to my DH bike (27mm internal rim) and noticed the 2.35 came up narrower than on my trail bike (30mm internal), I assumed this was due to the different wheel widths rather than the tyre size changing, was I wrong?

nonk
    Free Member

I’m a bit disappointed to be fair they ain’t the same that’s for sure

ichabod
    Free Member

For reference, I just measure a 2.35 Mary addix mounted on 30mm id rim as 64mm. Can anyone measure an old one on similar rim?

enigmas
    Free Member

I’ve just measured a 2.35 trailstar snakeskin mary as 64.2mm (side knob to side knob with a vernier). The casing seems to be the same width of the side knobs as well.

Wheels are an 30mm internal easton arc.

ichabod
    Free Member

So does that settle it.. there is no conspiracy to rob us of tyre width?

bramblesummer
    Free Member

I was looking at these today and thought they were a bit skinnier than the outgoing version. Bit annoying as I’d really enjoyed the bigger volume, but then the newer compounds are meant to be an improvement so is it a case of narrower blow up but the same performance? I can feel a single tyre purchase coming on to test the water before buying a few for the fleet.

chiefgrooveguru

Tyres often get a bit bigger once they’ve been hammered down a few trails.

nickfrog
    Free Member

It sounds like a brilliant excuse to stock up on the “old” non-Addix stuff while the Addix pricing is still aimed at the early adopters 😉

I doubt there is much difference “in the real world”. Even if they had kept the same size/volume.

ndthornton
    Free Member

To confirm – Yep – my new Magic Mary Addix is noticeably smaller than the old none Addix one – perhaps not in tread size but definitely in volume.

This is side by side comparison as I have one on old bike with same rims.

bugger.

this could be a 26in problem though..
    My friend did the same swap on his 27in bike and the Addix is actually bigger!

Why are we luddites getting short changed 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Addix Damph / Mary’ is closed to new replies.