Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • active sport – anyone used?
  • petefromearth

thinking of placing an order for a frame and some rims with Active Sport. they're on ebay and also online at http://www.activesport.co.uk

just rang their number and spoke to a bloke who wasn't particularly helpful, and didn't seem to understand what certain products actually were! not a good first impression…

as it's a big order i want to make sure they're ok and i get the goods quick! anyone used them?

the-muffin-man

Run away – fast!!!!!!

Northwind

Ah, that's Mark Anthony Bikes. Dealt with twice, had the piss taken out of me twice, been given bull**** excuses twice. I don't mind when things go wrong but I do mind being lied to. Just Say No.

Last time- I ordered a small part about a week before the snow started, it didn't arrive til a month later, they blamed the snow- and just try to ignore the fact that they should have shipped before the first flakes landed. The other time, I ordered a Salsa bar which they claimed they had in stock, after failing to ship for 2 weeks they blamed me for not specifying the colour (that model only comes in black) and cancelled the order.

Amusingly, after the last one they sent me a begging email asking me to remove my negative feedback off ebay, offering me free kit as a bribe. They weren't too pleased when I told them it's cost them a £500 sale for a set of Revelations.

chakaping
    Free Member

wasn't particularly helpful, and didn't seem to understand what certain products actually were!

My experience too.

One of the few retailers I actively avoid.

simonm
    Free Member

I've ordered a lot of stuff from them, mostly on price, but never had an issue. Even got some nice freebies due to being a return customer. Never had any experience returning things though, always been ok first time.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

I would have bought a few items form them if they had ever been arsed to reply to my emails.

tron
    Free Member

I seem to remember buying some Planet-X / On-one bits from them a while ago. They arrived.

petefromearth

cheers guys

i wanted a bit of reassurance before handing over my £600, as he didn't really inspire confidence in me!! his ebay feedback has a few negatives but then they seem to do a very large amount of sales

maybe i'll just go to my LBS

simonm
    Free Member

Ive bought two pairs of £500+ forks off him in the past, no problems at all…

MoreCashThanDash

Like a lot of on line bike shops, they started from a regular shop and got bigger, and the more sales you make the more people you will upset. I used to pop into the old premises on Spring Gardens and they were OK, now moved to bigger premises. That said, I've used Dave Hinde twice and not had any problems.

Oh, and the snow thing may not be a complete fob off – Buxton is the hihest twn in England, apparently, and they have had snow lying – even in the town centre – since before Christmas.

mogsuncle
    Free Member

I bought a 2010 Fox RP23 shock from activesport.co.uk in the last fortnight. I got it for a good price and had good communications with them. I'd use them again.

cozz
    Free Member

i called upto to check on availability and the guy was very unhelpful, so not only did they loose that £500 sale but I will never buy from them now on principle, running a business myself Im aware you don't treat customers like that

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I used to live in Buxton and used to pop in from time to time. I have often found them surly and disinterested until you can persuade them you do in fact know what you are talking about. I have had the impression in recent years that the shop is definitely secondary to the online business, but never had the need to order from them online.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘active sport – anyone used?’ is closed to new replies.