So.... I've accepted a job offer, but they have asked that I not hand in my notice with my current job until they have done their security checks (CRB etc.); this could take 2-4 weeks.
What do I do in the mean time?
My line manager knows I am probably going, and he sympathises with my reasons (see my posting history for the sordid tale), so he is basically poised waiting for a resignation letter.
Carry on working? Pretend I'm not leaving?
Don't want to burn bridges, could potentially come back here a few years down the line.