Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Aaargh – Fox Flux owners – DX light mounting
  • Has anyone come up with any fantastic mounting ideas, as I’m struggling?

Inspire me!

Cheers 😀

worldrallyteam
    Free Member

The elastIcated Velcro straps for holding skis together. Used them for holding a torch on it during the strathpuffer.

Cheers worldrallyteam, but think you need to see the DX lights and understand the way it mounts and then see how the Flux doesn’t seem suited.

Northwind

I just used the DX helmet mount 😕

This is the arrangement I have – yes, I could remove the elastic straps and then make it fit with Velcro/cable ties. However, the straps are stitched, so would have to be cut – don’t really want to do this, as I use it on my hard hat when working nights.

I’ll prob just buy another and butcher it, but was looking for a quick option for tomorrow nights ride.

Northwind

This:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magicshine-velcro-helmet-mount-for-LED-bike-head-lights-MJ872-808-816-818-838-/151002688912?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&var=&hash=item2328762d90

You’ll be able to find it cheaper I’m sure. You want one with fairly long straps- from the looks of it some of the ebay ones are pretty short.

Cheers NW – not arsed about cheaper, that’ll do nicely.

Thanks 😀

Superficial
    Free Member

I attached mine to my flux quite nicely. Difficult to explain but I’ll try.

Tighten all the straps as much as possible
    Put the head strap over the helmet – with the light mount somewhere in the middle where you want the light to sit
    The back of the strap hooks behind the rear ‘peak’ on the Flux
    Use some zip ties through one of the side vents (close ish to the front of the helmet) and the strap – to keep tension
    The ‘middle’ strap doesn’t really do anything to keep it in position, but it doesn’t flap about much

It worked just fine, very secure. Shame the light wasn’t especially robust, though.

colournoise

I cut the straps off and ziptied the mount to my Flux. Did buy two lights though so I still have an intact ‘strapped’ mount too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Aaargh – Fox Flux owners – DX light mounting’ is closed to new replies.