Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just received an email from someone. It was, I admit, vaguely important, but the whole thing was skewed by the fact that at the end of said email was the little missive;

Sent from my iPhone4

Eh?

Why do I need to know that it was sent from a phone? Let alone sent from an iPhone. However, to take it yet further, why the blinking flip do I, or ANYONE for that matter, need to know that your email was sent from your

iPhone4

You are, sir, a moronic ****monkey of the worst kind and I hope that a thousand crabs infest your genital region.

druidh
    Free Member

I agree

Posted from my Dell XPS

sc-xc

My work phone says something like that at the end of the email. Is it a problem?

iDave
    Free Member

It’s not the users fault, it’s default. My HTC phone does the same. I wouldn’t worry, unless you are looking for things to worry about. I’m sure the content of the email wasn’t affected.

wombat

Why not add a line to your signature box that says “sent from outer space” or “telepathically uploaded from my creabellum into the interweb for your reading pleasure”….might be a bit rubbish but at least it would be a laugh….or is it just me?

Jamie
    Free Member

Well, seeing as CountZero has not jumped on this predictable rant I will have a go.

Out of the box the iPhone comes with signatures set as on as default for outgoing mail, with a default message, which the user can change or turn off. Obviously the person who sent you the message does not have the skillz to change this basic setting or likes it. So blame the user and not the phone.

Now go and do something more productive.*

*Like buy an iPhone?

project
    Free Member

I got an email the other day, sent from a blackberry on orange,

Clever fruit, blackberry shagging an orange, now that i would like to see.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Jamie, I do indeed blame the user. I did not ask for any infestation of the phone, just the genital region of the user.

psling
    Free Member

I believe that bit gets added automatically, a marketing ploy by fisher-price which possibly doesn’t work well with everyone 😯

In the rant stakes, the post is very controlled although points are scored for your last paragraph sir 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie, I do indeed blame the user. I did not ask for any infestation of the phone, just the genital region of the user.

Well, have you spoken to said user about what state you wish their genital area to be in? Might get a better reaction cutting out the middle man…i.e STW.

noteeth
    Free Member

Pfft, CFH, surely your butler would open the mail?

Sent from my imaginary island-fortress via a system of string, punch-cards and paper cups.

CountZero

I changed mine to say ‘sent from my phone’. Just so, y’know, the recipient realises that I’m not sat in front of a computer in a swanky office, or in a nice warm living room, but I could in fact be anywhere, and may not have lots of resources at my fingertips. Get over yerself.

Kuco

Maybe the user doesn’t know it does this or more to the point doesn’t give a **** if it does.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Jamie, said user is across the Atlantic from me at the moment, and is not really in a position to be ranted at. Am venting here instead!

psling, thanks. I was going for control above simple rant. 😉

PMSL @ noteeth!

uplink
    Free Member

I got one recently that read – “sent from my iphone, the best phone in the world”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

uplink – Member
    I got one recently that read – “sent from my iphone, the best phone in the world”

ARGH!

KILL! KILL! KILL!

Houns

If typing a lengthy mail from my phone I add a note at the end apologising for any predictive texts balls ups that i may have misses. I think this is also a reason for having the ‘sent from my….’ signature

Sent from my HTC Hero

scaredypants

“sent from my ipad – why not ring me back and imagine me holding it to my ear ?”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Houns, that is indeed valid. However, surely, “Sent from a phone” or “Sent from my mobile” is less **** than “Ooooh, look at me, I have an iPhone and what’s more, it’s an iPhone4, so I must be really sexually attractive and not even slightly a ****monkey”!

backhander
    Free Member

Don’t let it bother you dude
    sent from my puter

duntstick
    Free Member

WGAS sent from the heart………

gonefishin
    Free Member

Blackberrys do the same, well they don’t say sent from an iPhone obviously. As others have said it is simply the default signature and really not worth getting upset about.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What’s this ponce moaning about this time?

Cheeze…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’ve never heard anyone get so wound up about someone owning an iPhone4

Envy is a terrible thing Captain 😐

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Eeze a ponce, in’t e?

noteeth
    Free Member

I’ve never heard anyone get so wound up about someone owning an iPhone4

The modern world presents a considerable challenge to old money, IME.

Cougar

I always assumed that “sent from a phone” was a way of saying “so there are loads of typos because the keyboard is crap and not because I’m an imbecile.”

An IT manager I used to work with had amended his to read something along the lines of “Sent from my Blackberry using tiny keys and fat fingers.”

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Noteeth makes me laugh. 😆

Hohum
    Free Member

What’s an iphone?

IanMunro
    Free Member

No idea.
    Sent from my sofa.

samuri
    Free Member

I’m 99% confident this is the default setting on an iphone4, the user hasn’t selected this, it just does it and until someone posts him back to say ‘what are you, an idiot?’ he doesn’t even know he’s doing it. (Assuming he’s not a grade A geek who has already run trough the settings) in which case he’d have already changed it to the binary version of ‘**** you’

BadlyWiredDog

Diddums.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well according to the Pimlico girls flashy, if you really want the email sender to be infested with pubic lice, you should have sex with him or her 🙂

Hohum
    Free Member

^^^

Aye!

Shag his rs like!

Marge
    Free Member

On my Nokia it is the default setting & it needs to be de-selected each time you write a mail.

Though, as mentioned, it is useful way to inform the recipient that you’re working away from your desk (which I am much of the time).

KT1973
    Free Member

I’ve changed mine to say ‘Sent from my iphone 5′ just to make the bu663rs think I’ve got 1 up on ’em

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ve changed mine to say ‘Sent from my iphone 5′ just to make the bu663rs think I’ve got 1 up on ’em

I doubt that would work.

Sent from my iPhone 6

zokes
    Free Member

Think outside the box

Sent from my jPhone

druidh
    Free Member

Or it’s a warning?

Sent from my iPhone – so I might be an hour late for our next meeting

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!’ is closed to new replies.