Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • A2Z caliper mount?
  • benz
    Free Member

Xs Ti frame bought off here to build up into first 26″ wheel mtb for my soon to be 10 Daughter.

I have all the necessary bling bits and pieces in the spares shed to make it nice.

However, it foes not have rear caliper mount. I could get Enigma or similar to weld one on but has anyone used an A2Z mount? How did it work?

Thanks.

Ps – If anyone has one in a spares box I’d be happy to buy it…

phil56

I’ve used the A2Z one, works fine.
    I’ll look in the garage later and see if I can find it

aphex_2k
    Free Member

A2Z works if the dropout is flat. Still around on eBay for $30 or so.

Had one on an old GT frame. Solid, no issues.

phil56

I’ve found it, or at least I can see it on a frame at the back of the loft. If you want it send me your address and I’ll go up and fight the spiders for it tomorrow!

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Ah, sent one to the bike recycling container at the tip last year, attached to an old Kona frame. Did the job – aligned fine. Fugly and heavy though.

Thought about disc front and really nice v-brake or magura rim brake on the rear? Especially for a light rider…

Edit: just looked on eBay….there’s some lovely xtr v’s and late-model hs33s – I’d do that rather than bolt on disc mount.

kcal

I have disc front and XT V on rear on my M2 – works perfectly well, don’t really notice different levers and feedback, although through mud I really wish I had a disc on the rear too!

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Obvs you’ll need a brake surface on rear rim…….

benz
    Free Member

Phil56,

Thanks, email on its way to you.

Others, yes, could stick a nice v or Magura on tha back, but my OCD would not deal with lever differences…even on my daughter’s bike. But a pair of SLX brakes and decent disc wheels were also in the garage stock…

Result!

jkomo

Just used one on an old GT updated for canal commute duties.
    It wouldn’t fit properly so I dremelled the chuff out of it. Works well.

Junkyard
    Free Member

As noted works well assuming your dropout is flat

Dead easy to fit – if it fits 😉

benz
    Free Member

Thanks all.

Drop out is typical brutalist industrial function over form – flat and square. Fingers crossed.

Phil56, sincerely appreciate it.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

IIRC That’s actually functionalism, not brutalism though.. 😉

phil56

no problem Benz – I’ve got it back from the spiders!
    I’ll post it tomorrow.
    Phil

krixmeister

On that note, if anyone else has an adaptor floating around their garage they’d like to sell, I’d love to get one as well for an older frame I have and still use occasionally.

pictonroad

Used one for years on a Zaskar, you might have to ‘adjust’ the brake mount a tad to get it just so, but it reads like you might be up for a bit of fettling .

Good to see some finished pics, a ti frame for a 10yr old girl sounds absolutely bloody marvellous. 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘A2Z caliper mount?’ is closed to new replies.