Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • A step away from the gnar
  • bigh
    Free Member

My apologies for the thread title. In short we just bought this [/url]P1010201 by bighpr, on Flickr[/img]

and it’s so nice to just take in the beauty of the countryside without the pressures of achieving (never) that zen like state of radgnar that we all (not all) aspire to.
    Just me, the missus, a camera and autumn, …ahhhhhhh.

[/url]PA250105 by bighpr, on Flickr[/img]

Having said that we did do the final bit of the verderers, the wife still hasn’t forgiven me

leffeboy

Nicely done. Ours is still one of our best buys ever

ianfitz
    Free Member

We borrowed one and just a trip round a pub carpark was enough for me to be told that there is no way we are getting one. Or even borrowing one!

An version of hell apparently.

I was quite keen in the idea 🙁

ElShalimo

how much do they weigh?
    We rented one in Ballater years ago and it was probably heavier than 4 crap heavy bikes. Great fun though!

bigh
    Free Member

ianfitz: thats what I expected from my wife, i got the exact opposite. It took me longer to pick my jaw up from the floor that it took her to say I want one

Elshalimo: No idea how heavy, but it’s alot lighter than the “shopping” tandems we hired before we bought one 😀 Definitely not as heavy as two solo bikes though.

newrobdob
    Free Member

We tried a tandem in SF when we went there and my wife was very keen on the idea but in practise it didn’t work. She likes to have control which was an issue but the bigger one was that she is 4’11” and she couldn’t see past me at all as she was much lower down, her only view was 90 degrees to either side. So as much as I liked the idea it wouldn’t really work for us.

leffeboy

Our Cannondale doesn’t feel much heavier that some older full suss bikes. It’s definitely not as heavy as two bikes. Highly recommended

The most difficult bit is when you have someone quite fit on the back and they drive so hard through corners it’s difficult to turn 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘A step away from the gnar’ is closed to new replies.