Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • A solution to the Big Hitter issue?…
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Even with previous incarnations I think it’s still be well under 250 pages.

boblo
    Free Member

Ming the Merciless – Member
    I keep reading the title as Big Hitler……….

More like Big Shitter….

randomjeremy
    Free Member

On another forum I frequent we raised over $50,000 for charity this Christmas by instigating ban wars.

1: You could pledge $10 to get another poster banned for 24 hrs.

2: Before the nominee got banned they could respond by bidding $20 to have the pending ban annulled, and ban the person who paid for them to be banned for 48 hours.

3: If a person was nominated for a ban by multiple people, they could bid $40 to anull their ban for 24hrs and ban *all* of their nominees for 72 hours.

4: These people all had option (2) open to them again, and could bid $20 to have their pending ban annulled, and nominate a new bannee (not the orginal person they nominated though)

It was hilarious and raised a lot of money, and would work well here.

druidh
    Free Member

Freedom of speech for the wealthy then?

randomjeremy
    Free Member

No, a bit of fun for charity 🙄

druidh
    Free Member

Not very charitable to those who folk wanted to ban and who couldn’t afford a defence though.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Well them’s the breaks

soobalias
    Free Member

i never read a thread that runs onto page two.

scrap that, i never read the thread

cynic-al
    Free Member

It seems to me the worst arguments are either purely about opinions (“my opinion is the right one”) or when one (or both) parties stop listening (eg “I am right because I say I am”*).

Where there are facts, there shouldn’t be an argument, though often serial arguers get into * above, when the other party is reasonably presenting facts, and sadly get tarnished by the arguer’s behaviour.

davidjones15
    Free Member

On another forum I frequent we raised over $50,000 for charity this Christmas by instigating ban wars.

1: You could pledge $10 to get another poster banned for 24 hrs.

2: Before the nominee got banned they could respond by bidding $20 to have the pending ban annulled, and ban the person who paid for them to be banned for 48 hours.

3: If a person was nominated for a ban by multiple people, they could bid $40 to anull their ban for 24hrs and ban *all* of their nominees for 72 hours.

4: These people all had option (2) open to them again, and could bid $20 to have their pending ban annulled, and nominate a new bannee (not the orginal person they nominated though)

It was hilarious and raised a lot of money, and would work well here.
    Are people so desperate to stay on a forum that they’d pay to stay on rather than have a 24hr break? I can see the humour in this but also find it more than a little sad.
    Big Hitters are just bullies, hit them back and they don’t like it. Or run to the mods and report them.

legalalien
    Free Member

hugor
    Free Member

Don’t see the problem really.
    Scrolling quickly through the 2 pages in this thread reveals that the majority of the posts are from 3 – 4 members. Does this mean they’re trolling or being argumentative?
    There’s very much that pack dog mentality around here too where the moment one poster’s opinion differ’s from the majority, then they all swoop onto him in a tyrade of opinion and abuse. The subject is frequently of little importance anyhow.
    I think people take things a little too seriously and are offended too easily.
    Its just light internet entertainment after all.

cynic-al
    Free Member

hugor: 52 posts & 33 voices

You are talking **** – only 18 posts are by posters who have posted more than once.

hugor
    Free Member

lol
    So if I reply now am I being argumentative, trolling, or defending my position?

cynic-al
    Free Member

You’re taking your first baby steps on teh path of greatness towards becoming BIG HITTER 😀

nick1962
    Free Member

Surely there should be some sort of SuperForum where Big Hitters from all over the internetosphere gravitate to after reaching a certain number of posts or bans leaving the rest of the forums for us (clearly wrong)dullards to inhabit.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

A daily post cap. Maybe 30 posts per day, per user.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘A solution to the Big Hitter issue?…’ is closed to new replies.