Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • A Recommend me a shock pump topic…
  • mmel
    Free Member

Hello All

After throwing my spech future shock pump across the car park in a fit of rage I think it’s time to invest in a new one. Do you guys and girls have any recommendations?

Northwind

BETO- though, you can get the same pump branded up cheaper, one of mine is an Outland and cost me half as much as the BETO-branded one.

mmel
    Free Member

Beto looks good and cheap. Anyone else?

kendo954
    Free Member

Iv to order a fox one, only one that keeps air in my ’36 forks when I disconnect it.

ratherbeintobago

Topeak Pocketshock? Has a no-air-loss valve, and works very well.

Magura one is said to be excellent but isn’t that easy to source.

Andy

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I had a magura one, it leaked from the swivel joint unless you did it up tight enough that it didn’t swivel and it blew the head off last time i used it (so I’m shopping for a new one too).

The new fox one looks identical with a different head, ditto marzocchi and manitou, topeak is completely identical IIRC.

I quite liked the old/cheeper Fox ones with all metal parts.

As for losing air when you take it off, are you sure, the hiss you hear is from the air escaping from the pump, the valve in the shock/fork closes before the seal is un-done. When you re-connect the pump it will always read lower as the shock/fork has to re-fill the pump (unlike a presta tyre pump which keeps the valve closed until the pump pressure is higher than the tyre pressure) .

kendo954
    Free Member

with mine, deffo lost air as in all of it, when connecting up again it read zero and forks had nowt in them.

perfect with the fox pump!

Superficial
    Free Member

Topeak Pocketshock? Has a no-air-loss valve, and works very well.

I’ve got one of them. The ‘clever’ valve means you have to screw / unscrew it twice, it’s a bit of a faff. It’s probably more accurate although I’d prefer a normal one for convenience. The build quality is good and it’s nice to use.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘A Recommend me a shock pump topic…’ is closed to new replies.