Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • A portable pressure washer thingy
  • nickswolves
    Free Member

After a cheap one that you manually pump to keep in the boot for getting worst of the cack of the bike – anyone got one they can recommend?

PS. not looking for a Mobi equivalent, just something simple 🙂

Blurboy
    Free Member

Got a Nomad – bit pricey but good. I use it at home instead of a high pressure hose as well. Bought it as a ‘hose pipe ban beater’ works well.

DrP

Wilkinson trip in order my friend….

DrP

lipseal
    Free Member

I tried a caravan water pump, fitted a bit of hose and a hose gun. Wasn’t brilliant but sort of worked. Oh and you will need a 10 or 25 lt drum.

motivforz
    Free Member

I recommended (and still do) this one, although STW forumers didn’t seem to like it, probably because it’s only £7.50!.

Does the job for me, sprays off most kack, if I want a thorough clean I wouldn’t use a higher powered jet washer anyway, I’d do it by hand.

Wilkinsons weed killer sprayer

maxtorque

I’ve got an Asda plant sprayer, about 2.5l, just about enough to get the worst of the muck off your bike before you throw it into your expensive Audi…………. (cost a wacking £3.25 as well 😉

nickswolves
    Free Member

motivforz – link doesn’t work but I suspect its what I’m after. As you say its only to get the worst off before loading it in the car – I’ll give it a proper wash back home.

DoctorRad
    Free Member

I got one of these, for less than £25 though I think:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_241043_langId_-1_categoryId_255232

Does what you’d expect reasonably well, i.e. you can spray off the worst of the loose / wet dirt before you put your bike back in your car. A spray with Muc-off or similar first would probably help. If you’re quick, you can get most of the mud off two bikes with one ‘tankful’.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I just use a 5L manual garden weed sprayer thingy (have to pump it by hand…ooooeeeerrr) from Homebase i think…didnt cost much at all and gets most of the heavy stuff off before it goes in the car for the journey home.

fodmtbguides
    Free Member

I use an 18v Nomad, great bit of kit and very much worth the money, I also use it with a garden sprayer with sh*t shifter in for a quick clean wash usually in the dark

lipseal
    Free Member

therag
    Free Member

I know it’s not what you are looking for but crc have 33% off the mobi at the moment. I bought one today.

RustyMac

I got a mobi v15 for Christmas last year and it has been great for cleaning my bike, i’m in a flat with no outside tap so it i use it for cleaning the bike at the trail then just turf it in the shed when I get home.

jimc101
    Free Member

Another Mobi user here (V17), had a Mobi version which lasted a year before the power connections corroded, and replaced with a Clas Ohlson version, which is the V17 with a green reservoir as opposed to the blue of the Mobi, it also has a better spray gun, and warranty, and is a lot cheaper when they have it on promo every couple of months (paid £39.99).

Kato

I have one of these

Was 20 quid from Homebase

seadog101

Yep, big volume Weed sprayer from any hardware/garden store.

Not perfect or super powerful, but on cost Vs performance it’s a winner.

davesmate
    Free Member

that go outdoors one looks like a decent bit of kit. friend of mine uses a hand pumped fence sprayer, it’s not as good as my mobi but does the job. I got my mobi when they were on offer at £50 and it’s one of the best bike related things I’ve bought.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘A portable pressure washer thingy’ is closed to new replies.