Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • A face book question.
  • zippykona

We have a page for our shop.
    At Christmas we wished everyone good tidings and 600 people saw it.
    Our last post was seen by 60 people.
    Is something only seen if they click on it?
    We have asked one of our customers if she received the post and she hadn’t. Why would that be?

copa
    Free Member

Your posts won’t get sent to all of your followers – unless you pay Facebook. They use an algorithm thing to filter content, so you’re never sure who’s seeing what.

scotroutes

Facebook filters stuff out according to what it deems important. If people don’t Like, Share or Comment on posts, FB starts to work out that they’re maybe not all that interested in you and will reduce the number of times folk see them. You need to encourage some interaction with your posts or pay FB to let you hit more folk

zippykona

Excuse my ignorance but how do we go about duetting up a pay account?

andyfla
    Free Member

You can normally click on the post and it will ask you if you want to promote it – pay your money and it will show in peoples accounts

Video does better than photos which do better than text in my experience

scotroutes

You know when you get spam mail and spam email?

That.

😆

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What they said, although I set my facebook feed to “show me everything” as i thought it unfair that I didn’t get to see everything that was being posted by family/friends.

It’s crap, the filter works.

As others said, Facebook infers whether people actually want to see your posts or not based on clicks, likes, comments, shares etc. So if all you did was post “Merry Christmass”, and 600 people saw it, no one replied and no one shared it (why would they?) then Facebook probably deemed it to be boring spam.

Which is annoying because some shops are really good at playing the system, asking inane questions in every post, begging for “likes and shares” by offering a vague promise of future special offers or competitions. So you tend to get the same crap day after day until you un-follow them. Whereas the ones that actually post some interesting news/blog/whatever get buried.

footflaps

Whereas the ones that actually post some interesting news/blog/whatever get buried.

If it is genuinely interesting then it will get enough likes / comments / shares to keep the shop within people’s news feed filters…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘A face book question.’ is closed to new replies.