Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • A cross bike in Snowdonia
  • phiiiiil

So tomorrow I will be finding myself near Penmachno with a spare day while the gf goes horseriding; I will however only have the cross bike with me as my proper bikes aren't working… 🙁

I could just hoon round the trail at Penmachno but with a cross bike it seems like a good excuse to go a bit further afield. A quick look at Geograph suggests a few good bridleways around but no obvious ways to make a loop out of them…

Any suggestions from anyone who knows the area better than I do?

Ta for any suggestions!

Phil

phiiiiil

*bump*

Any ideas?

mattsccm
    Free Member

masses to do from there. Look at Rupps if your map still has them or ORPAS. Several out of Penmachno but be aware that the one over to Dolwydellan is a tree covered bog and push. Work your way round just to the north east. Head to Betws by the ORPA that drops in there, the Sarn Helen then ride up tha back road to Capel Curig and take the ORPA back to Dol. You can also go out to Ysbyty Ifan and Bala way or north of the A5. All cross rideable

phiiiiil

Ace, thanks! I just did Penmachno today after discovering the trail to Dolwyddelan was going to take all day, everything was so wet! That looks like a plan for tomorrow (hopefully after my shoes have dried out)…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘A cross bike in Snowdonia’ is closed to new replies.