Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • A bit random – hoover for tubeless inflation?
  • clubber
    Free Member

My old Hoover has died. Well actually the parts around it have died so it still sucks just fine 😉

I was thinking that rather than bin it, it’d be quite easy to reverse the motor so it blows and then use it for tubeless tyre inflation. It already has a speed control so the power can be tuned.

Anyone see any reason why it wouldn’t work?

tthew

Not enough pressure would be just one of your problems.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Is it a Hoover?

Or is it a vacuum cleaner?

rob
    Free Member

once converted a hoover to fire ping pong balls that was fun 😆
    not sure there was enough pressure to blow up a tyre.

clubber
    Free Member

it’s a vacuum cleaner but I thought I’d set a trap for the pedants (see, I even capitalised the H)

Gotcha 🙂

avdave2

it’s a vacuum cleaner

I’ve always failed to see what there could possibly be in a vacuum to clean so consequently have never used one.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

it’s a vacuum cleaner but I thought I’d set a trap for the pedants (see, I even capitalised the H)

Gotcha

Bast!

You didnt get this guy though:

avdave2 – Member

it’s a vacuum cleaner

I’ve always failed to see what there could possibly be in a vacuum to clean so consequently have never used one.

clubber
    Free Member

I might try that line next time it’s my turn to do the vacuum cleaning 🙂

So, back to the op…

petetheplumber
    Free Member

Saw a guy selling inflatable’s at the seaside using a hover to blow-up boats and rubber rings for his customers. That’s high volume low pressure whereas tyres are low volume high pressure. But hay have a go see how it works.

scaredypants

we’ve used an old upright hoover to blow up an air mattress – gets to a pretty good pressure fairly quick (minute or two) so I guess it shifts a fair bit of air.

Just opened up the “bag holder” bit and exposed a big tube about inch diameter

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘A bit random – hoover for tubeless inflation?’ is closed to new replies.