Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • a biginner at sherwood pines
  • rugbylions
    Free Member

hi

i am a novice to all this downhill, xc and full suss and so after a lot of cycling around my local area i decided to go to sherwood pines and give it a go. so i did on saturday 5th march 2011

The first thing is what a beautiful area, turn up and there was a few people there that looked like they new what they where doing so i kept my head down.

I found one of the information boards that gives you directions to the different runs, so i was trying to find the kitchener which i couldnt find. so i just went down the blue run which was great. As i was near the end of the blue run some how i found the beginning of the kitchener and all i can say was wow great brilliant really glad that i gave it a go.

so my point is to all them novices out there get out there go and try the great places out there like sherwood pines and cannock chase and ride them.

Can anyone suggest any where else i can try around the Midlands area

Many thanks

Rugbylions

redthunder
    Free Member

Single gin and tonic please 🙂

paulo6624
    Free Member

Hi mate only been riding 6 months myself sherwood is great, but so badly signposted and mapped as you say, +1 for the tech shop there to maintenance is really cheap etc wheeltruing brake bleeding , try cannock it’s a little more technical than sherwood but stick to the dog and you’ll be fine happy riding

AdamW
    Free Member

In Sherwood Pines at the car park look towards the cafe. Then turn around 180 degrees and head the other way. Cross a road and it will start to be marked out for you (red).

Not a bad trail but very floppy at the mo, apparently.

If you have any questions give me a shout!

paulo6624
    Free Member

Hi Adam weather kills it mOre than a lot of places from what ive seen, it’s pretty tame but the downhill and skills courses give it a boost in my book

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Andrew, if you want a skills lesson at pines covering whatever aspects you would like to improve upon, from basics through to the jumps or dh drop me a mail. Info@mtb-guide.co.uk

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘a biginner at sherwood pines’ is closed to new replies.