Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • £950 budget, whats the best bike for AM light freeride?
  • pimpmyride
    Free Member

Right then i'm after a bike that I can ride uphill for 3 hours or 20-30 mile xc loops but also throw it down rock gardens and drops (not massive) and light ish freeride.
    I'm 5ft 11" and used to have a dawg primo with pikes, m4's dhx 5.0 etc and was a beast but I fancy something different.
    What should I be looking at for that budget, iv'e heard the sx trail is good but a bit concerned about its climbing ability?
    Also iv'e heard that the enduro sl is pretty much perfect and unbeatable in almost all categories?

Help a confused and undecided chap out please people 🙁

theflatboy
    Free Member

🙂

slowrider
    Free Member

make a shortlist and watch ebay, see what comes up. you wont get a light freeride bike that you can pedal uphill for 3 hours otherwise. (by the way, where are these 3 hour uphills? just so i can avoid them!)

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Thanks mate but I meant to put used bike 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

Even for £799 that RR 9.2 is a fantastic bit of kit

stevomcd
    Free Member

Heckler worth a look.

Northwind

Wait for the next Halfords GT discount and get an I-Drive XCR 5? £1000 normally but they can be had for around £800 quite often. Heavy mind.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Get yourself a spesh pitch 😉

martinxyz
    Free Member

weve got a few rocky ridges going for under 1k in the sale. spend money like that on a full suss bike and the rest of the kit is going to suffer compared to what youll get on hardtails.having said that,you could pick up a slightly older bike with similar kit to this years hardtails but get a full suss frame thrown in for similar money with it being a little more out of date.so many options.

grumm
    Free Member

Pitch Comp new is almost within your budget.

http://www.freeborn.co.uk/

bigrich

AM light freeride?

clubber
    Free Member

should be "lite" surely

Presumably that's just above "Aggro power XC" and just below "All-Mountain" on the Gnarr scale.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘£950 budget, whats the best bike for AM light freeride?’ is closed to new replies.