Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)
  • 650b no difference???
  • discapade
    Free Member

I’ve just had the maiden voyage on my new Solo and to be honest, I couldn’t tell the difference whatsoever from my TRC…it’s felt fantastic though, as my TRC did. I didn’t want to upgrade from 26, Santa Cruz offered me the solo under warranty and just couldn’t refuse. I was a bit concerned as I’ve never ridden a 650 bike..am I missing something?

davosaurusrex

You hadn’t heard then?

legend
    Free Member

It may feel the same, but your life is actually much betterer now thanks to having 650b in it

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I found more traction on the ups, cornering and rolls better but I dont think there is a huge difference. But enough

ratherbeintobago

Clearly, 650B is 4% better.

maxtorque

The only thing i can find that makes an immediate, obvious and fundamentally better bike is a new set of these:

😉

NormalMan

If you’d glanced behind you, then you would have noticed the trails were alive 😉

discapade
    Free Member

Haha gonna save those legs…it does concern me though when I hear SC isn’t making 26 by the end of 2015.. If mine wasn’t a warranty job, I wouldn’t have suckered in. So what small company’s are gonna be making 26.. Orange? Nukeproof? I don’t think they are

Paceman
    Free Member

If you like your new bike who cares about the wheel size, just get out and enjoy it 😉

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Go and read some marketing crap, and then go ride your bike, you will not fail to see just how good 650b is.

plus-one

“No shit Sherlock” 😆

Bregante

What Normal Man said. What is it with mountain bikers? Its not all about you, you know. I’ll wager if you’d glanced behind you for just a moment you’d have seen scenes reminiscent of the image below.

Rorschach
    Free Member

From the scripture

Some of the negativity on here will surpass once realised it is the way forward for mountain biking

I love mine I must say really brings the trail alive
    Amen

coatesy
    Free Member

We recently loaned a 650B Five to a mate who was unable to access his 26″ version, didn’t mention it to him, and he didn’t even notice.

Keef
    Free Member

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

New bikes are always faster, its in the rules. If you didn’t notice it, then stick with the proper wheelsize of 26………

nealy
    Free Member

I couldn’t notice a specific difference at first as the bikes were so different in nearly every way but now I’ve got used to the new bike and can compare it subjectively with the 26er I do think the 27.5 wheels are better, sorry for not agreeing with the stick in the muds

rOcKeTdOg

it’s bike riding, end.of.story.

GEDA
    Free Member

I couldn’t notice a specific difference at first as the bikes were so different in nearly every way but now I’ve got used to the new bike and can compare it subjectively with the 26er I do think the 27.5 wheels are better, sorry for not agreeing with the stick in the muds

Are they more better or less better than 29ers?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Doesn’t matter what anyone thinks 26 is going the same way as a dodo so just get used to it and think about the future.

Northwind

I’ve still not ridden many. I couldn’t tell any difference with the ones I have, though some were really good bikes.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

darrenspink
    Free Member

Sorry kitten

PrinceJohn

Recently I test rode a 29er & a 650b bike.

My observations – the 29er was quick, but I would expect £4000 carbon XTR 100mm travel bike to be quick.
    The 650b was fun, but I would expect a £2500 150mm travel bike to be fun.

I rode home on my 26″ bike. The wheels felt small for about 5mins.

olly2097
    Free Member

my new 650b merida one forty 1b is faster on strava than my old spesh enduro.

But then there is ten years difference in the tech, far less pedal bob and less weight and better geometry. I can climb hills that I never could before.

Don’t think its the wheels though.

cookeaa

CFH we might have to up it from one per-thread, to one per-post… Just so its a proper deterrent…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Upping the dose?

Needs must…..

RustySpanner

Is it time for me to say ‘650b – pointless toss sold to idiots by shysters’ yet?

Oh, it would appear it is.

darrenspink – Member

Doesn’t matter what anyone thinks 26 is going the same way as a dodo so just get used to it and think about the future.

And I genuinely hope all those in the bike industry who promoted this pointless pile of cynical, manipulative bullshit get what they so richly deserve.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

700C X 23mm is where its at.

nick1962
    Free Member

When the peer reviewed, double blind test, meta data analysed results on wheel size performance for the average rider are published then I may ditch my £40 HiFi interconnects and £3.00 per metre speaker cable.

mildred

I’ve still not ridden many. I couldn’t tell any difference with the ones I have, though some were really good bikes.

This ^

rOcKeTdOg

And I genuinely hope all those in the bike industry who promoted this pointless pile of cynical, manipulative bullshit get what they so richly deserve.

An accountant to count their money?

RustySpanner

Sadly, you’re probably right. 😐

takisawa2

Did you actually cut off that kittens ears CFH ?

ahwiles
    Free Member

it’s got to be worth a go, relying on god to kill a kitten for every wheel-size thread isn’t working.

killing the kittens for him has been no more effective, he knows i’ve tried.

upping the dose (killing more kittens) could require more kittens than one has access too.

so cutting ears off kittens is a sensible idea, then their tails, before finally killing them – this is a wheel-size thread; a kitten does have to die. But this new ‘cutting’ method triples the dose, without needing more kittens.

prawny

I went out on my new 29er HT yesterday, didn’t really notice any difference in the wheels even after I had a go on my mates 26 full suss so he could try a 29er. It was the position that made more difference than anything else.

mtbtom
    Free Member

650b is more enduro. You should feel like you’re getting your shred on some sick gnar more often.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

“Pick a wheel size then be a dick about it” as taken from my post about fav mountain bike slogans 😐

RustySpanner

It’s not us who have been dicks about it though, is it?
    It’s the industry and their cowardly, craven friends in the media who have been the erect members in this case.

tomaso
    Free Member

‘Mash’ the trails too if its 650b with Pikes on

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘650b no difference???’ is closed to new replies.